Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

sir,kindly give me details about those selactive reagent which particularly oxidises or reduses some organic compound to other compound.plz also give reaction involving it.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

these are the list of some common oxidising agents

Agent Product(s)
O2 oxygen Various, including the oxides H2O and CO2
O3 ozone Various, including ketones, aldehydes, and H2O; see ozonolysis
F2 fluorine F
Cl2 chlorine Cl
Br2 bromine Br
I2 iodine I, I3
OCl hypochlorite Cl, H2O
ClO3 chlorate Cl, H2O
HNO3 nitric acid NO nitric oxide
NO2 nitrogen dioxide
Hexavalent chromium
CrO3 chromium trioxide
CrO42− chromate
Cr2O72− dichromate
Cr3+, H2O
MnO4 permanganate
MnO42− manganate
Mn2+ (acidic) or MnO2 (basic)
H2O2, other peroxides Various, including oxides and H2O

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

The p orbital of the cahrged carbon in the isopropyl cation contains how many electrons?
Dear student Here p orbital refers to pure p orbital of C which contains 0 electron.
Bhavya one month ago
Is vicinal dihalide more stable than normal than other halides and dihalide?
Yes, i think so as single carbon atom attache with more than one halide is a advantage. it leads as a strong base and could lead to an elimination reaction easily.
Vikas TU one month ago
A certain colloidal solution is not affected by addition of small amounts of electrolytes.....explain clearly ...PLEASE.
@ naman be specific in your query . when some amount of electrolyte will be added in the colloidal solution then it will coagulate and separated into charge particle . and u can see the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Plz refer to the link given below: Physical properties of colloidal solution has been explained here:...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
What is the difference between hcp and ccp packing??
@ shreyas there are a small besic diffrence between the two types of packing , i am explaining that below . HCP (HEXAGONAL CLOSE PACKING ) 1- HERE , the third layer of sphere are exactly...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Shreyas Patil 3 months ago
Covering the tetrahedral voids: Here, tetrahedral voids of the second layer may be covered by the spheres of the third layer. It gives rise to ABABAB… type pattern. The three-dimensional...
SAHIL 3 months ago
Which of the following is not true for PCl 5 (a)Its three P-Cl bond lenghts are equal (b)It involves sp 3 d hybridization. (c)It has regular geometry. (d)Its shape is trigonal bipyramidal....
@ mudit i am sorry , all the four statement are actually correct , so, none of them will be false . in the frst statement it state that – 3 of the bonds are equal – thats true ,. three...
THe answwer given in book is ©.I think it is incorrect but want to make it sure so waiting for more answers.
Mudit one month ago
@ mudit option no a turns out to be the correct answer , as in pcl5 , all the bonds are not equal while 3 of them are equal and the rest 2 p-cl bonds are actually greater than these 3 . and ...
what is the bond angle of sp 3 ,sp 2 and sp hybridisatio ?
Hi!prasad, The bond angle of sp 3 hybridisation is 109.5 degree. The bond angle of sp 2 hybridisation is 120 degree. The bond angle of sp hybridised is 180 degree. Hope it’s helps you. ALL...
nath 2 months ago
hi prasad the bond length of sp 3 hybridisation [H-C-H] is 109.5degree and sp 2 hybridation length is 120 degree and sp hybridation bond length is 180 degrees. I wish it is help you
jayachandra 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn