Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: MOB20

draw the resonance structure of naphthalene,thiophene,furan 

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

the bonds C1–C2, C3–C4, C5–C6 and C7–C8 are double in two of the three structures, the others are double in only one.

Resonace structures of naphthalene

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

What are the -OCOR group on the right side 4th line of 346th page and -COR group on the left side 19th page of the chemistry 11th STD part2 text book called? Are they same ?

Sorry left hand 19th line of page 395 ......................................................................................😃

Anjitha 8 days ago
First organic compound prepared in laboratory

urea

SAIMANIKANTA 10 months ago

The first organic compound prepared in lab was “UREA” it is prepared by inorganic compounds. And urea or carbamide is an organic compound with the chemical formula CO(NH₂)₂. The molecule...

SAI SANDY 7 months ago

Urea was the first organic compound to be prepared in the laboratory, which was by synthesised chance. It was prepared by Friedrich Wohler, a German chemist in the year 1828. Wohler...

G.VENKATESH 5 days ago
How can you explain higher stability of Bcl3 as compared to Tlcl3

@ shinaz in a group while coming down from top to bottom , due to increase in size and involvement of d and f orbital , the outermost ns2 electron are not shielded or have ineffective...

Umakant biswal 2 days ago
the tyre of automobile is inflated to lesser pressure in summer than in winter why?

Dear student According to Gay Lussacs law, at constant volume, pressure of a fixed amount of a gas varies directly with the temperature. As the temperature increases, the pressure also...
  img
Bhavya 8 days ago
Sterioisomers (geometrical and optical) of compound CH3CH=CHCH2CH(OH)COOH

@ utkarsha there are total of 4 isomers possible in that compound , geometrical isomers = 2 optical isomers = 2 HOPE U GET IT ALL THE BEST ///

Umakant biswal 3 days ago
I am unable to calculate the oxidation no. MOST OF THE TIME THE OXIDATION NO THAT I GET USING FORMULA IS NOT CORRECT. I HAVE TRIED TO CALCULATE OXIDATION NO USING STRUCTURE BUT HOW DO I...

@ bhavika Donot try to calculate the oxidation number by structure , formula one is very easy , u just need to remember some formula and rules . 1-The oxidation number of a free element is...

Umakant biswal 18 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off
USE CODE: sch25

Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts