What Is Mutarotation? Give Example And Structure

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Mutarotation is the change in the optical rotation that occurs by epimerization (that is the change in the equilibrium between two epimers, when the corresponding stereocentersinterconverted).

Cyclic sugars show mutarotation as α and β anomeric forms are interconvert. The optical rotation of the solution depends on the optical rotation of each anomer and their ratio in the solution.

Glucoseab.png

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
structure of organic compound

An organic compound is any member of a large class of gaseous, liquid, or solid chemical compounds whose molecules contain carbon. Carbon has four valence electrons 2s2 2p2 and it must...
  img
Raheema Javed one month ago

Hi Student Please mention in more detail, which organic compound’s structure you want to know since there are large number of organic compounds. If you looking for anything else please...
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago
What is the order of decreasing priority of Functional Group Side Group Double Bond Triple Bond in nomenclature of organic compounds.

The decreasing priority is shown as follows: Functional group > Triple bond > Double bond > Side group
  img
Raheema Javed one month ago
what should i refer ,o p tandon or ranjeet shahi ?,if i need theory as well as ques at the same time

If you need theory then follow o.p.tandon or if you want to questions then follow ranjeet shahi. But it is better to follow o p tandon for both theory as well as questions....
  img
Ramreddy 3 months ago

thank you sir

sunath khadikar 3 months ago
Can you please suggest a good book for physical chemistry level of iit jee ?

yes my dear friend very simple and you can have excellent command over physical chemistry step (1)read ncert ( 2)read optandon simultaneously with ncert chapter (3)solve problem from...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 4 months ago

what you say about ananya ganguly?

harit 4 months ago
Germanium have higest refractive index can it be used in construction of battel tank

Hello Student Germanium is not be used for construction of tanks. Tanks mut be made from a very strong material like steel. Germanium is a soft element and can not be used for this.
  img
Gaurav 18 hours ago
Hello sir, My brother is preparing for IIT-JEE -2016. He has just take admission in class 11 th and coaching. for physical chemistry he has started with ncert, p Bahadur and R c mikherjee....

only OP TANDON book on physical chemistry is enough but if you want to solve much problem then go for only one book for numericals that is P bahadur more than enough for clearing physical...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 4 months ago

solve essential physical chemistry by ranjeet shai

tushar mehta 4 months ago

mere question ka answer nehi to

tushar mehta 4 months ago
View all Questions »