What Is Mutarotation? Give Example And Structure

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Mutarotation is the change in the optical rotation that occurs by epimerization (that is the change in the equilibrium between two epimers, when the corresponding stereocentersinterconverted).

Cyclic sugars show mutarotation as α and β anomeric forms are interconvert. The optical rotation of the solution depends on the optical rotation of each anomer and their ratio in the solution.

Glucoseab.png

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
if there is hydrogen bonding between nitro and oh then meta nitrophenol must b stronger acid than p ????????????? plz ans y meta is weaker

Nitro group is an electron withdrawing group and thus it attracts the electron density of the ring and also affects the O-H bond of the alcohol group due to the resonance so that the Oxygen...
  img
sumit kumar 3 months ago
*Can anybody pls tell me the mechanism for this reaction?? #image * also tell me whether picric acid or mentioned product which will be major??? * u can also mention some source where i may...

Benzene is treated with a mixture of concentrated nitric acid and concentrated sulphuric acid at a temperature not exceeding 50°C. As temperature increases there is a greater chance of...
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
WHY ARE COVALENT COMPOUNDS POOR CONDUCTORS?

COVALENT COMPOUNDS POOR CONDUCTORS because they do not contain any ions in solution state. The conductivity is due presence of ions in solution/ molten state. But covelent compounds do not...
  img
Ramreddy one month ago

Covalent(AKA molecular) bonds are between two or more non-metals (which are poor conductors), where the valence electron shells of all the substances involved are filled completely, and...

Nikhil Gaddam one month ago
Plz explain me what are azide compounds???

Azideis theanionwith the formula N3−. It is theconjugate baseofhydrazoic acid(HN3). N3−is a linear anion that isisoelectronicwithCO2andN2O. Pervalence bond theory, azide can be...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
N 2 + 3H 2 --------> 2NH 3 If vol. of reacting container is 4L & K c =1.49 * 10^(-5) L 2 mol -2 , then degree of dissociation of above Equilibrium is ?

N 2 + 3H 2 ----------> 2NH 3 at t=0 x 3x 0 at eqm x – a 3x -3a 2a K C = ( 2a/4) 2 ( 1 – a/4) ( 3- 3a /4 ) 3 N O W NEGLECT “ a “ IN THE DENOMINATOR AND SOLVE FOR...

bharat makkar one month ago

ON SOLVING YOU WILL GET a = 0.25%

bharat makkar one month ago
Question attached.. [ALTS-3 Q50]

Redox rection is: Br2 + H2 ----------> 2 Br- + 2 H+ Q= [Br-]2 x [H+]2 = 10 ^-8 E cell= E0 -0.0591/2 log(Q) = 1.09 +0.0591/2 x 8 = 1.326 V...
  img
Ramreddy 2 days ago
View all Questions »