What Is Mutarotation? Give Example And Structure

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Mutarotation is the change in the optical rotation that occurs by epimerization (that is the change in the equilibrium between two epimers, when the corresponding stereocentersinterconverted).

Cyclic sugars show mutarotation as α and β anomeric forms are interconvert. The optical rotation of the solution depends on the optical rotation of each anomer and their ratio in the solution.

Glucoseab.png

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is more stable benzylic or allyic ?

An allylic cation is a carbocation with the positive charge on an allylic carbon; an allylic carbon is a carbon adjacent to an sp2 carbon of an alkene. CH2=CHC + HR ALLYLIC CARBON A benzylic...
  img
Aarti Gupta 29 days ago
*Can anybody pls tell me the mechanism for this reaction?? #Attachment * also tell me whether picric acid or mentioned product which will be major??? * u can also mention some source where i...

the mechanism for this ketonic product will be the oxidation of OH group to keto group and when it will be passed by water then two keto group will remain and thus you will get this product....
  img
Suraj Prasad 10 days ago
what is the differece between ionization potential 1 , ionization potential 2 and ionization potential 3 ??

Ionization potential 1 is the energy reqired to remove the last electron from outer most orbit and IP 2 is energy required to remove the 2 nd elcetron from outer most orbit and IP 3 is...

Sai Pawan 2 months ago
Plz plz help me.i’m so confused……it’s urgent NCERT question ; On the basis of quantum numbers, justify that the sixth period of the periodic table should have 32 elements.?? Plzzzz help...

For ,n(principal quantum no.) = 6 The values of azimuthal quantum no. will be,l = 0,1,2,3,4,5 and not 6 as value of l = 0 to n-1 now sixth period starts with the filling of 6s orbital (n =...
  img
Aarti Gupta 24 days ago
What is this HOMO-LOMO electron transition?

HOMO represents the highest occupied molecular orbital and LUMO represents lowest unoccupied molecular orbital.Electronic transition occurs when they are close in energy(orbital). HOMO and...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 13 days ago
∑ ..311 2840002151

In complete...
  img
Harishwar 10 days ago
View all Questions »