There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

What Is Mutarotation? Give Example And Structure

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Mutarotation is the change in the optical rotation that occurs by epimerization (that is the change in the equilibrium between two epimers, when the corresponding stereocentersinterconverted).

Cyclic sugars show mutarotation as α and β anomeric forms are interconvert. The optical rotation of the solution depends on the optical rotation of each anomer and their ratio in the solution.

Glucoseab.png

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Why does phenol show acidic character ? Please explain with diagrams.

image is unable to be uploaded so please go through a google search and write over there conjugate base of phenol(phenoxide ion) here after the reomval of hydrogen the conjugate will be...

grenade 2 months ago

phenol releases H+ in its solution and its conjugate base (phenoxide ion) is a weak base. thus it shows acidic nature

Saurabh Bodke 2 months ago

phenol releases H+ in its solution and its conjugate base (phenoxide ion) is a weak base. thus it shows acidic nature

Saurabh Bodke 2 months ago
Birch reduction of Toulene gives

Hi.. The two structures mentioned in the above answer are not the interconvertable forms. This actually depicts that on the reduction of toluene either the first structure or the second...
  img
Sakshi one month ago

img
Sakshi one month ago

@ Sakshi the answer might be wrong bcoz here anti aromatic compound is formed Plz aprve

grenade one month ago
Please sort these bonds in decreasing order of strengths.. . 1.C triple bond O 2.C≡N 3.N≡N 4.C−C 5.C−H And please explain as to why they are correct. I feel that C−H is stronger than C−C...

sorry its a problem occuring in my connection so, that complete answers could be posted

Aman Bhambra 3 months ago

n2 is highly staable

ng29 3 months ago

sorry its 3

Aman Bhambra 3 months ago
View all Questions »