DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   What Is Mutarotation? Give Example And Structure

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Mutarotation is the change in the optical rotation that occurs by epimerization (that is the change in the equilibrium between two epimers, when the corresponding stereocentersinterconverted).

Cyclic sugars show mutarotation as α and β anomeric forms are interconvert. The optical rotation of the solution depends on the optical rotation of each anomer and their ratio in the solution.

Glucoseab.png

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Do you think we all are non living? do you think we all are non living with complex structures as we all are made up of elements working in complex manner by chemical reaction...but we...

Hello Akansha, You have asked a very good question. All the living and non-living objects are made up of the fundamental particles atoms, molecules and sub atomic particles. In a living...
  img
Pankaj 3 months ago
What will you name this compound in IUPAC system ? The reason for this question is tht priority rule says that double bond is preffered over triple bond and they are also treated as...

My answer for this question would be 3-(1-Propyne)Hept-1,6-diene The reason for that is, the terminal double bonds are always given priority over the terminal triple bonds. Consider that....

Yash Jain 5 months ago

Hello Yash Jain, actually that’s the confusion. According to rules I know , we select parent chain with most multiple and if it is same for 2 chains , then we choose one which is longest....

Avinash Thakur 5 months ago

Hello Yash Jain, actually that’s the confusion. According to rules I know , we select parent chain with most multiple and if it is same for 2 chains , then we choose one which is longest....

Avinash Thakur 5 months ago
best books

PLease mention for whcih purpose you want best books (Class or Exam or Subject or Topic)
  img
Harsh Patodia 4 months ago

please specify

dhanunjayavarma 4 months ago
Why is Carbon Dioxide a greenhouse gas?

CO2 emissions accelerating, scientists warn Atmospheric scientists have warned that carbon dioxide emissions are increasing more rapidly, despite international efforts to curb the use of...

vikas yadav 3 months ago

Presently, nobody can prove if either theory is correct, but one thing is certain; the world has been emitting greenhouse gases at extremely high rates and has shown only small signs of...

vikas yadav 3 months ago
what is the difference between oxidation state and oxidation number.

When Oxidation state is determined, the electronegativity is taken into consideration. But when oxidation number is determined electronegativity has no role in it. And also both of them...

Divya Kumari 5 months ago

When Oxidation state is determined, the electronegativity is taken into consideration. But when oxidation number is determined electronegativity has no role in it. And also both of them...

silicon dissolves in excess of HF due to formation of?

because here it has been given for excess of HF thus your answer is wrong here acc to me 6HF will be reacting

grenade one month ago

the product would have been H 2 SiF 6

grenade one month ago

@ K Keerthirajan it’s wrong

grenade one month ago
View all Questions »