what are the important organic reactions and reagents that are required for iitjee.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

Important organic reactions include:

Acetoacetic Ester Condensation

Acetoacetic Ester Synthesis

Acyloin Condensation

Alder-Ene Reaction

Aldol Addition

Aldol Condensation

Appel Reaction

Arbuzov Reaction

Arndt-Eistert Synthesis

Azide-Alkyne 1,3-Dipolar Cycloaddition

Azo Coupling

b

Baeyer-Villiger Oxidation

Baker-Venkataraman Rearrangement

Balz-Schiemann Reaction

Bamford-Stevens Reaction

Barton Decarboxylation

Barton-McCombie Reaction (Barton Desoxygenation)

Baylis-Hillman Reaction

Beckmann Rearrangement

Benzilic Acid Rearrangement

Benzoin Condensation

Bergman Cyclization

Bestmann-Ohira Reagent

Biginelli Reaction

Birch Reduction

Bischler-Napieralski Reaction

Blaise Reaction

Blanc Reaction

Bohlmann-Rahtz Pyridine Synthesis

Boronic Acid Mannich Reaction

Bouveault-Blanc Reduction

Brook Rearrangement

Brown Hydroboration

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
calculate the weight of 1atom of hydrogen

mass of 6.02 x 10 23 atoms = 1gram So mass of 1 atom = 1/6.02 x 10 23 gram In general mass of one atom = gram atomic mass /Avogadro number

Nandakumar UK 8 months ago

hai akhil sai u r question ans 1

Harish 8 months ago

1.008 gm

VINAYREDDY 8 months ago
i need your suggestion.

I am also preparing for JEE and I am getting great help from Arihant''s "A textbook of organic chemistry" by RK Gupta, and also the book by J.Clayden. Besides, you can read OP Tendon''s book...

Snehashis Parashar 11 months ago

If you want guidance in various name reaction like birch reduction, williamson synthesis etc.the best book is Reactions, Rearrangements and Reagents by S. N.Sanyal

Aabel 10 months ago

ms chauan

divya kumari 11 months ago
what is the resonance effect?

Resonance effect is defined as the ‘polarity produced in the molecule by the interaction of two p-bonds or between a p-bond and lone pair of electrons present on an adjacent atom’. It is...
  img
ruchi yadav 4 months ago

resonance effect in chemistry is a property of substituents or functional groups in a chemical compound. The effect is used in a qualitative way and describes the electron withdrawing or...

Indu 3 months ago
Sir please help me balance this equation- Cr(oh)3+IO3^-1-------->I-+CrO4^2-(in basic medium) by ion electron method. Sir it is written in my book to first balance all the atoms other that o...

Cr(OH)3(s) +IO3(-)(aq) -->CrO4(-2)(aq) + I(-)(aq) remember in basic medium firstbalancing of oxidation number then balancing of O atom.Balancing of O atom is made by using H2O and OH-...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 days ago
Why sodium hydroxide called costic soda?

sodium hydroxide is called caustic soda mainly in industries because of its cleaning properties.it is used as a cleansing agent in industries. thanks and regards sunil kr askIItian faculty .
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 4 months ago

NaOH is called caustic soda because of its corrosive action.

Indu 4 months ago
oxygen is divalent where as sulphur exists valency 2,4 and 6 due to_______.

oxygen shows oxidation state 2 due to absence of d orbitals. but in sulphur vacant d orbitals are present in valence shell so sulphur can show 2,4 and 6 oxidation states.. thanks&regards...
  img
Kamlesh Kumar 5 months ago

due to presence of d-orbital in sulphur Thanks & Regards Mukesh Sharma askIITians Faculty
  img
Mukesh Sharma 5 months ago

because there is exist so ,so2 & so3 in mono , bi & tri state due to presence of d orbital

nitish rathore 5 months ago
View all Questions »