ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Question:  What is the difference between Organic Compounds and Inorganic Compounds, how can you compare between the two, in a detailed way?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Comparison between Organic and Inorganic Compounds

Organic Compounds

Inorganic Compounds

*Organic Compounds are composed of few elements only.C, H,O,N,S,P and halogens are the most common.

* Inorganic Compounds are composed of all the known elements.

*They are generally found in living matter, i.e., animals and plants.

*They are generally obtained from non-living matter, i.e., minerals.

*They are usually gases, liquids or solids having low melting points.

*They are usually solids having high melting and boiling points.

*These, being covalent compounds, are generally insoluble in water and other polar solvents. These are fairly soluble in non-polar solvents.

*These, being electrovalent compounds, are generally soluble in water and other polar solvents. However, these are insoluble in non-polar solvents.

*The number of these compounds is very large, i.e., well over five million organic compounds are known. Every year thousands of new compounds are added to the existing list.

*The number of these compounds is small, i.e. about one lakh inorganic compounds are known. Their number has become somewhat fixed as new compounds are rarely discovered.

*They are generally volatile and inflammable.

*They are generally non-volatile and non-combustible.

*Their solutions are non- conductors of electricity.

* Their solutions are good- conductors of electricity.

*Chemical reactions are molecular and slow. The yields are poor due to side reactions.

*Chemical reactions are ionic and fast. The yields are quantitative and there is no side reaction.

*They exhibit the phenomenon of isomerism.

*The co-ordination compounds show the phenomenon of isomerism only.

*They have been classified into many classes on the basis of functional groups. Each class is represented by a general formula and the members show similar properties. Each class is known as homologous series.

*Homologous series are not found. The compounds are mainly divided as acids, bases and salts.

*Some compounds are highly complex and have high molecular masses. These complex compounds are stable.

*Inorganic compounds are less complex. Comparatively a complex compound is generally less stable.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
How can i make propane from decarboxylation reaction?

decarboxylate butonoic acid

Sangarshanan Veera 3 months ago

From CH3-CH2-CH2-COO_Na+

Jacob james 3 months ago
How to convert methanol to ethanol? surajit Chatterjee

firstly methanol convert to methyl alcohol in presence of PI 3 and then to methyl magnesium iodide in presence of mg/ether and then apply grignard reaction

ankit goyal one month ago

CH3-OH + HBr ------> CH3Br + H2O 2CH3Br -------->CH2=CH2(Alc.Koh) treat ethene with h2so4 to give enthanol..

Siddarth Siddu one month ago
what is friedal craft acylation

The Friedel – Crafts reactions are a set of reactions developed by Charles Friedel and James Crafts in 1877 to attach substituents to an aromatic ring. There are two main types of Friedel –...

2015 years ago
How do the vanderwaals constants a, b vary for different gases? The value of a is higher for ethane than that for ammonia?

Hello Student Vander Waals constant for attraction (a) and volume (b) are characteristic for a given gas. Some salient feature of a & b are: 1. For a given gas Vander Waal’s...
  img
Pankaj 4 months ago

Extent of attraction and repulsion depends on the nature of molecule. So, different molecules have different values of a and b.
  img
Pankaj 19 days ago

a actually depends on te extent of forces of attraction b/w te molecules in a gas. these forces are more in ammonia (H-Bonds) tan in ethane.But the actual a value is more for etane.

Himaja 18 days ago
Why is equitorial bond angle in sf4> ch2=sf4 (double bond in b/w), trying to understand it through bent rule but unable to so far...

SF4 has a trigonal bipyramidal structure with lone pair of electron in the equatorial position.The F-S-F bond angle is 101degree. In the trigonal-bipyramidal species H2C= SF4 the H atoms are...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago

Yes ,you are correct but actually what i want to tell is that greater s character of lone pair leads to lowering of equatorial bond angle(F-S-F) from 1200 to 101degree.This is due to...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago

Sir, bond angle is directly proportional to s character and therefore inversely proportio al to p character?

agam goel 8 months ago
In Thomson experiment the electron is deflected downwards when only magnetic fied is applied (This deflection need to be left or right side). Why this happens? . But there is a logic/reason...

motion of achrged particle in presence of magnetic field If a positively charged particle moves with an initial uniform velocity in a direction perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field, B,...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago

I can’t understand wich cicle you mean ? & Can you give the writings in the image as written becz I cant able to read from this image . and can you tll me how to post image when Im...

Vineeth 7 months ago

this is a simple question and you can get good things from solving this so just try

britto george one month ago
View all Questions »