DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

Question:  What is the difference between Organic Compounds and Inorganic Compounds, how can you compare between the two, in a detailed way?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Comparison between Organic and Inorganic Compounds

Organic Compounds

Inorganic Compounds

*Organic Compounds are composed of few elements only.C, H,O,N,S,P and halogens are the most common.

* Inorganic Compounds are composed of all the known elements.

*They are generally found in living matter, i.e., animals and plants.

*They are generally obtained from non-living matter, i.e., minerals.

*They are usually gases, liquids or solids having low melting points.

*They are usually solids having high melting and boiling points.

*These, being covalent compounds, are generally insoluble in water and other polar solvents. These are fairly soluble in non-polar solvents.

*These, being electrovalent compounds, are generally soluble in water and other polar solvents. However, these are insoluble in non-polar solvents.

*The number of these compounds is very large, i.e., well over five million organic compounds are known. Every year thousands of new compounds are added to the existing list.

*The number of these compounds is small, i.e. about one lakh inorganic compounds are known. Their number has become somewhat fixed as new compounds are rarely discovered.

*They are generally volatile and inflammable.

*They are generally non-volatile and non-combustible.

*Their solutions are non- conductors of electricity.

* Their solutions are good- conductors of electricity.

*Chemical reactions are molecular and slow. The yields are poor due to side reactions.

*Chemical reactions are ionic and fast. The yields are quantitative and there is no side reaction.

*They exhibit the phenomenon of isomerism.

*The co-ordination compounds show the phenomenon of isomerism only.

*They have been classified into many classes on the basis of functional groups. Each class is represented by a general formula and the members show similar properties. Each class is known as homologous series.

*Homologous series are not found. The compounds are mainly divided as acids, bases and salts.

*Some compounds are highly complex and have high molecular masses. These complex compounds are stable.

*Inorganic compounds are less complex. Comparatively a complex compound is generally less stable.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
bio molecules

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-carbohydrates-amino-acids-peptides/ just visit this link u well get answers of all ur questions PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my answer is use full...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 3 days ago
STABLE CARBOCATION AND WHY

in my opinion answer may be 1 because in this carbocation there is maximum p-pi---p-pi back bonding, as nitrogen is more electronegative order of backbonding is N>O>F but i think answer wil ...

ng29 one month ago

No ng but I studied about the mesomeric effect whIch is dominant than other factors for the stability of carbocation Over here it would be stabilise by resonance

grenade one month ago

B option is correct because of its+M(resonacce) effect stabilise the carbocation ther stability of a c + is like +M>+H>+I plz aprve

grenade one month ago
Please sort these bonds in decreasing order of strengths.. . 1.C triple bond O 2.C≡N 3.N≡N 4.C−C 5.C−H And please explain as to why they are correct. I feel that C−H is stronger than C−C...

sorry its a problem occuring in my connection so, that complete answers could be posted

Aman Bhambra 3 months ago

n2 is highly staable

ng29 3 months ago

sorry its 3

Aman Bhambra 3 months ago
) AN ELECTRON JUMPS FROM 4th ENERGY LEVEL TO 1st ENERGY LEVEL IN AN HYDROGEN ATOM. HOW MANY PHOTONS OF ENERGY ARE EMITTED ?

v = R z 2 [ 1/ x 2 – 1/y 2 ] z=1 for h-atom ( becoz.. x x=1 and y=4 1/ = 109678/cm [ 1/1 2 -1/4 2 ] = 109678 * 15/16 = 16/109678 * 15cm = 0.000009725 = 9725 * 10 -9 cm = 9725 * 10 -11 m

rutvik 13 days ago
please generalise basic concepts related to atomic structure please explain

Atoms are made of small particles called protons, neutrons, and electrons. Each of these particles is described in terms of measurable properties, including mass and charge. Mass is the...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 6 days ago

thanx for this help

parth bhail 6 days ago
Compound A is [Cr(NH 3 ) 4 ClBr]Cl Comound B is [Cr(NH 3 ) 4 Cl 2 ]Br Question is attached with the image! [ALTSM 01/03 Q90] Pls show how you calculated EAN.

EAN=24-3+2*6=33 ATOMIC NO.---24 OXIDATION STATE---3 COORDINATION NO.---6 FOR BOTH THE EAN VALUE WILL BE SAME

nipun jain 4 months ago

ans is option 1

nipun jain 4 months ago
View all Questions »