Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

why tertiary hydrogen is more reactive than secondary or primary                                                                                        

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

The single tertiary hydrogen "b" is nearly as susceptible as the six, primary "a" hydrogens, and almost doubly susceptible as any of the three, also-primary "d" hydrogens, illustrating the radical stability differences between tertiary and primary hydrogens.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Does Paula Bruice Yurkanis Organic chemistry book contains extra stuff which is not necessary for JEE?
Yes, actually, this book is for analytical organic chemistry, which is also used for industrial chemical engg branch. I would like to suggest you to go for either Solomen or Morrison and...
Saurabh Kumar 3 months ago
@ siddhi Yes , they are actually higher than the level of JEE advanced exam . for jee u can refer to the 1- ncert 2- o.p tandon / morrision boyd . (any one ) 3- reaction mechanism in...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
i didn’t understand anything in organic chemistry and there ractions
@ shubham kindly tell me which reaction u are not able to understand ?? so, that i can explain you the whole process here , and while reading the mechanism and reaction intermediate ,...
2017 years ago
Is vicinal dihalide more stable than normal than other halides and dihalide?
Yes, i think so as single carbon atom attache with more than one halide is a advantage. it leads as a strong base and could lead to an elimination reaction easily.
Vikas TU one month ago
What is electric arc..?? Difference b/w nascent and atomic hydrogen..??
@ simran the nascent and the atomic hydrogen both are actually same , usually hydrogen exist as a diatomic molecule , bonded by covalent bond , hydrogen obtained by disolution of this bond...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
While welding or solderring the fluid or plasma which gets dicharges when the two elctrodes or metals are higly brought together. The gases b/e them gets ionised and are thus visible.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
what is meant by internal energy.................................?
@ sharda internal energy can be defined as the energy associated with the random , disordeerd motion of molecules . it is separated in scale from the macroscopic ordered energy associated...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The energy in molecules or atoms or in system is defined due to the random motion collision or anny movment between them. that energy is called as internal energy. it depends on many...
Vikas TU one month ago
I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn