Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

which is more basic and why? 2,6-dimethylaniline or aniline?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

2,6 dimethyl aniline is more basic than aniline because  methyl group is electron releasing group which makes it more basic than aniline...

6 years ago

2,6-dimethylaniline is more basic than aniline because of the methyl group in 2,6-dimethylaniline(electron withdrawing group) is more dominant than that in aniline. that's the reason.

like my answer?

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

In EAS reaction of toulene with NO2, will the mesomeric and inductive effect of the nitro group be dominating over the o/p directing effect of methyl group? If yes, then is o-nitro toulene...
This is nitration therfore the attack would be at ortho position of benzene that is adjacent to the -ch3 group. This is the rule u need to follow in EAS. and hence ortho would be more...
Vikas TU one month ago
How does chemical reactivity vary in group and period
@ himesh as we go left to the right of the periodic table , nuclear charge increase and the electrons are added to the same shell . therefore ionisation energy increase with increase in...
Umakant biswal one month ago
what happen in gas convert into liquid when we compress
@ kuldeep i am not getting your query , kindly be specific , when we will compress the gas , then the particles that are there in the gas will come closer with each other and we can...
How can we calculate the elecroneatiity of Zno by followiny Pouling principle in electron volts(ev).
Pauling Electronegativity: Linus Pauling was the original scientist to describe phenomena of electronegativity. Best way to describe his method is to look at a hypothetical molecule (XY)....
dolly bhatia one month ago
What about order of strength of overlapping in 1s-1s, 2s-2s, 2s-2p, 2p-2p and 1s-2p??
Thank you sir but Directional bonds are more strong right?? I read in some book ,in that order is given as 1s-1s (because of size)> 2p-2p>2s-2p>2s-2s. I have a doubt so i asked here
Subramanya one month ago
@ subramanya the order of strength of overlapping is 1s-1s > 2s-2s > 1s-2p > 2s-2p > 2p-2p .. HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT ALL THE BEST ..
what is ment by enthaply........................................................?
@ shrada 1- enthalpy is a measure of total energy of a thermodynamic system , it includes the internal energy , which is energy required to create a system , 2- unit of enthalpy is joule...
It's a thermodynamic constant or a qiantity which is the sum of tital heat of the system. it is given as sum of total internal enrgy with product of pressure and volume.
Vikas TU one month ago
enthalpy is the some of internal energy and pressure volume work or it is the heat q at const...
anand 4 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn