Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

q)which is more basic aniline or ortho methoxy benzene?is there ortho effect?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello dear somesh

Ortho effect is only shown by two compound Benzoic acid or ANILINE

But in case of solving problem like comparing acidic and basic strength ..we consider this effect only when all compound are either aniline or benzoic ..

Example : (if u r unable to understand above lines )

A   ( ortho-methyl aniline )

B  ( para methyle aniline )

C ( meta methyl aniline)

Then all compound are aniline ortho effect is to be considered ...and

A ( ortho methyl aninline )

B ( methyl benzene)

Here two compound become we don't consider ortho effect here.....when the two compound which are considered as ....are aniline..then only look for ortho effect ..

This is so far detail of ortho as per question

Basic strength of  Aniline is more than that of ortho methoxy benzene  because aniline as N as donar atom (lone pair) and methoxy has O as donar atom...and tendency to donate electron is more for N than for O electron density in aniline will be more as compared to ortho methoxy benzene.....

So aniline is more basic in nature

I hope it is clear now ..both ortho effect n aniline

With regard

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

is it possible to convert methanol to ethanol & vice versa with bulk quantity say 4 ton?Would the reaction be harmful because of large volume conversion?Will it leave any residue that will...
Hi, already someone has answered this question. pls check:
Vikas TU one month ago
List of compound and their uses of all chapter class11 chemistry
Hi, There are so many compounds, I suggest you to refer to NCERT everything is given there Thanks
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
@ rafi there are more than 100 of compounds are avaliable if u will refer to the whole class 11 th chemistry . so, kindly tell of which chapter u required , so, that i can give u of that...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Sir in the question in the attachment in the D part answer is given as benzylbenzene and in E part it is given as benzene . can you justify the answers ?
Sir what about the D part of the question?......................................................................................
Aditya Dev one month ago
Resonance energy is directly proportional the stability of compunds. hence in last option Benzene is more stable as due to aromaticity that is: 4n + 2 elctrons govening.
Vikas TU one month ago
W​hich is the most basic---CrO3, Mn2O7, NiO, V2O5???? ​
The more the oxidation state the more ot’s oxide would be basic. As Cr has +3 oxidation state. Mn has +7 state. Ni has +2 state. V has +5 state. Mn2O7 > V2O5 > CrO > NiO
Vikas TU 11 days ago
Calculate relative rate of effusion of SO2 to CH4,if the mixture obtained by effusing out a mixture with molar ratio nso2/nch4=8/1 for three effusing steps.
First U must know the Rate of effusion formulae. That is: R = PA/root(MT) For SO2, R1 = P1A/root(64T)................(1) P1V = 8nRT..............(2) For CH4, R2 =...
Vikas TU 29 days ago
IN an experiment 500 ml of 0.01 M of kmno4 solution is added to 500 ml of KI solution in basic medium.The resultant solution was titrated with 0.015 M na2s2o3 solution using starch...
On reaction. KmnO4 will reduce to MnO2 and KI to I2. moles of Mn x v.f = moles of I2 x v.f 0.01*500 x 3 = mmoles x 1 millimoles = 15 mm. after then, the titration with Na2S2O3 , Na2S2O3 +...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
i am not getting the correct sorry i am really sorry my question was wrong ki has 0.1 M THEN HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT NOW
Iswarya Mahati 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn