Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

One which is more acidic will have less PKa value...

So the order goes like:

2)m-nitrophenol > p-nitrophenol>2,4,6 trinitrophenol>phenol

In orthonitrophenol the hydrogen of the -OH group satisfies the conditions for intramolecular hydrogen bonding and should in theory be bound to the nitrogen of the nitro substituent making difficult its loss as H+.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

How to remember all the reactions and the reagents and catalysts simultaneously?
@ vamshi practice is the only thing that can save you in organic chemistry , frst of all when u are reading from ncert , underline all reagents and reactions as well as the catalyst...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Functions of various reagents used in organic chemistry problems.
Sir, actually at present i am solving class 12th "haloalkanes, and haloarenes". so i need the list of reagents and their functions from this chapter. But as i would further solve the next...
Apar 16 days ago
@ apar there are a lot of reagents are avaliable as far as the whole organic chemistry are concerned . so, kindly tell me of which chapter u need the list of reagents . so, that i can...
Umakant biswal 19 days ago
i didn’t understand anything in organic chemistry and there ractions
@ shubham kindly tell me which reaction u are not able to understand ?? so, that i can explain you the whole process here , and while reading the mechanism and reaction intermediate ,...
2017 years ago
Choose the correct ionization energy order for the given species: (A) O > S > S - > O - (B) F > F - > Cl - > Cl (C) O > O - >S - > S (D) F > Cl > Cl - > F -
I thinkthe answer ic (c)as Cl has highest IE.Therefore option(B) and (D) are ruled out. Again the IE decreses down the group and hence S should have less IE than O. Also as an electron...
Mudit 2 months ago
Why ozone can`t react with moist iodine? *NOT ACCEPTING LESS THAN 50 CHARS*
@ gagandeep iodine will be converted into iodic acid when react with water . and that iodic acid cannot be react with ozone , and if it react then reaction will not take place due to...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
what is the oxidation state of sulphur in H 2 S 2 O 8, Na 2 S 4 O 8 and Na 2 S 2 O 3.
@ bhavika in H2S2O8, since 2 oxygen is forming the peroxide linkage here , so, the o.n of sulpher will be +6 . and in the 2 nd case NA2S4O8 , in thaat case take sulpher o.n to be x after...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
u need to remember that which structure have peroxide linkage and which structure have not , there are only some exception with peroxide linkage , go through the ncert redox reaction...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn