Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Is skew and gauche the same thing?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

No they aren't.

In conformations of butane along C2-C3 bond,when in newmann projections we represent two methyl groups at 60. position , conformation is gauche.

Skew conformations are infinite conformations in between the specific ones formed due to rotation along the bond but they are not anti,staggered, or gauche.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

why need heat during preparation of meta dinitrobenzene
@ sanam its importnat that the reaction will not get too hot . it should not go above about 70 degree celsius , but it is also important that the temp does go to at least 60 geree celsius . ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
can i know which book can i refer for jee mains with basics i m very back at basics
@ ram , i think u are asking for the organic chemistry . if so, then start with ncert , with reading of ncert , your besic will get strong as it explains each and every mechanism step by...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Thermal stability of ionic compounds why is more than covalent
I ionic compound, the ions are attached to each other by strong electostatic bond between the +ve and -ve ions. They are arranged in a crysrtal lattice where lattice energy is very high. But...
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
In the chapter Solid State Class 12, how to classify any solid or elements on the basis of their bonds i.e. covalent bond, molecular bond etc ???
Depending upon the type of bonding present , Solids can be divided as : 1) Covalent Solids 2) Ionic solids 3) Molecular solids 4) Metallic solids
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
Ok , thats the same thing i told , u just need to see the configuration of examples . i am giving that below potassium sulphate – ionic solid tin – mettalic solid benzene – molecular (non...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ shreyas On the besic of bond present there are no such classification as tetraphosphorous decosides , and aluminium phosphates . Besic of the bond there are 4 types of classification 1-...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
what is the bond angle of sp 3 ,sp 2 and sp hybridisatio ?
Hi!prasad, The bond angle of sp 3 hybridisation is 109.5 degree. The bond angle of sp 2 hybridisation is 120 degree. The bond angle of sp hybridised is 180 degree. Hope it’s helps you. ALL...
nath 2 months ago
hi prasad the bond length of sp 3 hybridisation [H-C-H] is 109.5degree and sp 2 hybridation length is 120 degree and sp hybridation bond length is 180 degrees. I wish it is help you
jayachandra 2 months ago
How to check dipole moment procedudure of dipole moment in inorganic chemistry and what method to apply
@ rahul u can calculate the dipole moment of the molecules by the following formula u = q*l where u is the dipole moment q is the magntide of either charges and l is the dipole length HOPE...
Umakant biswal 9 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn