Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Plz explain with diagram.  i)plane of symmetry  ii)center of symmetry   iii)an alternating axis of symmetry.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

(i)plane of symmetry-when an imaginary plane can divide a crystal in such a way thateach part is exactly mirror -image of each other,then the crystal is said to have a plane of symmetry

(ii)center of symmetry-center of symmetry of a crystal is such a point that any line drawn through it,intersect the surface at equal distance in both direction

(iii)an alterating axis of symmetry-if a crystal is rotated around an imaginary line in such a way that it give same appearance more than once during one complete rotation,then this line is called an alternative axis of symmetry

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

What will be decreasing order of stability of carbocation CF3-CH2+CF3+(Cl)3-C-CH2+C(Cl)3+
The coumpounds CF3-CH2+CF3+(Cl)3-C-CH2+C(Cl)3+ are not distinguishable. please post it again and pls provide some gap be/w them.
Vikas TU one month ago
Why CCl3- anion is more stable than C6H5CH2-? I think the only possibility is by comparing the -I effect of Cl and Phenyl group. Generally we can see the possibility of negative charge...
I believe vacant d orbital option shall come last as in the first place itself we see Phenyl ring has larger possibility of negative charge dispersion. Further as we all may know...
Dattatray Biradar one month ago
the reason is simple. in CCl3- cholrine atoms has vacnat d- orbitals. and that is the reason it make sit more stable.
Vikas TU one month ago
among which of the following compounds has maximum no of sp-hybridized C atomsa) (CN)2b) CH=C=CH-CNc) HCtriplebondC―CH2CH2=C=C=CH2d) HCtriple bond C―CN
HCtriplebondC―CH2CH=C=C=CH2 has highest number of sp hybridized Carbon atoms. one triple bonded and two double bonded woth no hydrogens.
Vikas TU 21 hours ago
But the answer is given HC triple bond C―CN...................……… ……………………………………… …………………………….................................
Vaibhavi 13 hours ago
Calculate the pressure exerted by one mole of CO 2 gas at 273 K if the van der Waa ls‟ constant a = 3.592 dm 6 atm mol – 2 . Assume that the volume occupied by CO 2 molecules is negligible.
but this question is an iit jee advanced 2000 chemistry question....they too have not specified the volume...
Balaji Krishnamachari 13 days ago
Since Volume of container is not specified the Real gas eqn. would get remained in terms of volume. Negligible molecules volume would only led the b constant to zero. Mention the Volume of...
Vikas TU 13 days ago
Assuming pure 2s and 2p orbitals of Carbon are used in forming CH4 molecule, which if the following is false? (a) 3 C-H bonds will be at right angles (b) 1 C-H bond will be weaker than other...
CH4 has tetrahederal structure orientation with sp3 hybridization. hece 4 C-H bonds would be at equal angles with each C-H bond. and that would be 109.5 degree and that is practically...
Vikas TU one month ago
How to calculate equivalent weight in disproportionate reaction
@ mahima in the case of disproportion reaction u can calculate the equivalent weight by the calculation of n factor . and for finding the n factor , use the following formula 1/N= 1/n1 +...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn