Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Want to remove Sodium to get corosponding acid by electrolysis process.Want to develope to whom we should contact.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

When electricity is passed through an liquid solution of an ion or an electrolyte, a chemical reaction called electrolysis occurs. When electricity flows, chemical changes happen. For example, lets take a solution of sodium chloride. At the positive electrode, the anode, oxidation occurs as electrons are pulled from negatively charged chloride ions.

2Cl- ==> Cl2 + 2e-

At the negative electrode, the cathode, reduction occurs as electrons are added to positively charged sodium ions.

Na+ + e- ==> Na

In affect, it splits the sodium and chlorine back into their elements.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

What are axial bond in book it is staed there are only sigma and pi bond so what is axial bond?
@ mayank the bonds in the vertical plane are aligned in the direction of the axis, and are called axial bonds. actually axial position refers to the position perpendicular to the plane of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
can some one help me in telling why para dihydroxy benzene dipole moment is not equal to zero? While para xylene is zero.
@ dattatray the dipole moment of para dimethoxybenzene is not 0 beacuse it exist in two forms , cis and trans forms . out of which trans have 0 dipole moment beacuse it is a symmetrical...
How the conversion happen in number of carbon atom in wurtz reaction?
Dear student Following is the conversion in Wurtz reaction
Bhavya one month ago
How errors are identified in analytical chemistry?how chromatography is performed?
Dear student I did’t enderstand by the term errrs over here.Can you be a little more specific.Moreover you can follow the following link for studying analytical chemistry...
Bhavya one month ago
@ trapti chromatography is a physical method of separation that distribute the components between two phases one is stationary and the other is mobile phase or non stationary phase . it is...
what makes an element to become a radioactive and why ?
All the elements wants to raech into the stable form. And to attain the stability those elements releases energy by emitting unstable nuclei which is radioactive and also with some other...
Vikas TU 16 days ago
IN an experiment 500 ml of 0.01 M of kmno4 solution is added to 500 ml of KI solution in basic medium.The resultant solution was titrated with 0.015 M na2s2o3 solution using starch...
On reaction. KmnO4 will reduce to MnO2 and KI to I2. moles of Mn x v.f = moles of I2 x v.f 0.01*500 x 3 = mmoles x 1 millimoles = 15 mm. after then, the titration with Na2S2O3 , Na2S2O3 +...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
i am not getting the correct sorry i am really sorry my question was wrong ki has 0.1 M THEN HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO IT NOW
Iswarya Mahati 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn