Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Sir, How can I predict whether a reaction will undergo an SN2 mechanism or E2 mechanism?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

the E2 mechanism is analogous to the Sn2 . and both competes . usually  in most of the cases we get both the substituition as well as elimination product . the ratio of E : S varies , which depends upon certain factors

normally all nuclephiles are base . but when we have good nucleophiles Sn2 is favoured . &when we have strong bases E2 is favoured.

it also depends upon how acidic the H , which is attatched to the adjacent C , is.

if it is more acidic than obviously we will get a favoured  Ellimination product.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

Can`t understand how to give IUPAC and common names to compound and how groups get attached to compounds??
Dear student You can go through this blog to understand IUPAC nomenclature in a better way
Bhavya one month ago
What are analgesics and food preservatives.........?
Analgesics are drugs that reduce or totally abolish pain without causing disturbances of nervous system. There are two types of analgesics i. Narcotic analgesics E.g.: Morphine ii....
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
Analgesis is defined as the drugs that reduce or abolish pain without causing impairment of conciousness,mental confusion,incoordinationor paralysis or some other disturbances of nervous...
somprasad 3 months ago
An analgesic or painkiller is any member of the group of drugs used to achieve analgesia , relief from pain. Analgesic drugs act in various ways on the peripheral and central nervous...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Why para dihydroxy benzene does not have zero dipole moment while para xylene has. Both r electron donating towards benzene ring.
@ dattatray the dipole moment of para dimethoxybenzene is not 0 beacuse it exist in two forms , cis and trans forms . out of which trans have 0 dipole moment beacuse it is a symmetrical...
Umakant biswal 27 days ago
dear umakant Sir thanks for inputs. However not much clear and my question still remains same - as per book paradimethyl benzene (p-xylene) has zero dipole moment while, paradihydroxy...
Dattatray Biradar 27 days ago
find n; log(17/11)=(1-n)log(35/54) i know u can do it with calculators tell me the correct steps. thanks
Dear Priyesh, Sharing personal information and contact details is strictly not allowed on this forum. Please make sure that you must follow forum guidelines else your account will be...
Forum Team one month ago
Contact me on WhatsApp for answer. Dont forget to approve view ucckcbzdlgkdkgjzkgkxjblvhxlbgvphhxvhxjuzvcfxkbuxjbixhvkxxkchzivjzvxhckcgclvyxohuzyfi
priyesh dixit one month ago
a photon of 300nm is absorbed by a gas and then re emitts two reemitted photon has a wavelength of 500nm.calculate energy of other photon
@ roohinaya i am giving you the correct approach to solve this question . energy absorbed for photon = hc / lambda (1 ) = hc / 300 * 10 ^ -9 energy reemitted out for phtoton = hc / lambda...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Molecular orbial is same as hybrid orbital? I mean both are same thing na
Can u plz elaborate it for me. Both the cases orbital are combinining so why r the diiffeten what is basic differebce
Mayank kumar one month ago
@ mayank No , they are not at all same , the hybrid orbitals are formed by hybridisation of various atomic orbital which are close in energy . but molecular orbital are formed due to just...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn