There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Why LPG is heavier than air?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

because LPG mainly consists of butane whose molecular weight is 58 which is higher then dat of nitrogen.As nitrogen is present in abundence in air we consider the molecular weight of nitrogen.Comparatively the molecular weight of butane is high hence LPG is heavier than air

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

What is the decreasing order of +I effect for following: 1. -CH 2 -CH 2 -O - 2.-O - 3. -CH 2 -O -
decreasing order of +I effect for: given compounds would be: 1> 3 > 2 as O- shows highest and maximum +I effect.
Vikas TU one month ago
Why do we prefer Friedel craft acylation to Friedel craft alkylation in preparation of alkylbenzene?
There are many electrophilic substitution reactions associated with benzene and benzene derivatives. However, very few of them involve formation of a carbon-carbon bond, one of the primary...
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
Friedel craft acylation inviles always the double bonded Oxygen with R or other group which leads to decrease in the density of the electrons. .Where as alkyl group -R shows +I effect which ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
examples on compounds having stereo centres but not chiral centres
@ anupam there are some isomer, which shows this type of behaviour as most of them will not show . u can take the examples of mesomers . mesomers are these type of compounds . HOPE IT...
Umakant biswal one month ago
All over nao2 what is among is. What nao2 separate is also found.
Already answered . Check twice please! NaO2 is called sodium superoxide which is obtained by treating Na2O2 that is sodium peroxide with O2 at high pressures. The Reaction goes like this:...
Vikas TU 11 days ago
The IP1 IP2 IP3 IP4 and Ip5 values of an element are 7.1 ,14.3 ,103.4 ,66.8 and 162.2 ev respectively the element belong to ________ Group !!
At 66.8 energy value the element becomes inert i think so, as the next IP is very much large. that is 162.2 ev. Therfore after loosing 4 elctrons it is becoming inert the elemnt should be...
Vikas TU 25 days ago
What is a standard hydrogen electrode...............?
The standard hydrogen electrode consists of a platinum electrode coated with platinum black. The electrode is dipped in a solution of acid (usually 1M HCl) and pure H 2 gas is bubbled...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ ram A Standard Hydrogen Electrode (SHE) is an electrode that scientists use for reference on all half-cell potential reactions. The value of the standard electrode potential is zero,...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn