There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

Abundance and Occurrence

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Abundance and Occurrence:- The alkali and alkaline earth metals are the most violently active of all the metals. These are readily oxidized and therefore, are not found in the free state in nature. These are found in the combined form with halide, sulphate, carbonate, silicate ions, etc.

The abundance of alkali and alkaline earth metals in the earth’s crust shows a good range. Among these, calcium is the fifth most abundant element in the earth’s crust and hence the third most abundant metal after aluminium and iron. Vast sedimentary deposits of CaCo3 occur over large parts of the earth’s surface. Magneshium is the sixth and sodium is the seventh most abundant element in the crustal rocks. These are fourth and fifth most abundant metals after Al, Fe and Ca. potassium is the nest most abundant element after sodium. There are unlimited supplies of NaCl in natural brines and oceanic waters. The occurrence of other metals in the earth’s crust is very poor. Francium and radium are radioactive and have rare terrestrial abundance. Beryllium is rare and radium is the rarest of all comprising only 10-10 percent of igneous rocks.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

What are analgesics and food preservatives.........?
Analgesics are drugs that reduce or totally abolish pain without causing disturbances of nervous system. There are two types of analgesics i. Narcotic analgesics E.g.: Morphine ii....
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
Analgesis is defined as the drugs that reduce or abolish pain without causing impairment of conciousness,mental confusion,incoordinationor paralysis or some other disturbances of nervous...
somprasad 3 months ago
An analgesic or painkiller is any member of the group of drugs used to achieve analgesia , relief from pain. Analgesic drugs act in various ways on the peripheral and central nervous...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
How I remember organic reactions in organic chemistry and also how I understand mechanism of any type of reactions in organic chemistry?????????
Donot stress on learning them try to understand their concepts and mechanisms of those reactions. Understand nucleophillic and electrophillic attacks deeply and leaving group leaving...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
@ manish i am giving some tips on how to remember such things 1- frst of all make a list of organic name reaction that are there in you book , u can take the help of sudy material as well...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
I m started late but still coverd 4 chapter in chemeestry but 5 and 6 (states of mater and thermodinimics) my sa1 is exactly after 11days both of them have 30. Marks withage out of 70 what...
@ mayank i think 11 days are sufficient to complete that two chapters . states of matter will take max 4-5 days and rest 6 days are easy to do with thermodynamics as far as school exam...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Beryllium and aluminum exhibit many similarities, but the two elements differ in
Dear student The 2 elements differ in various physical properties like mass,density,specific heat capacity,electronegativity etc.
Bhavya 2 months ago
Liquation of which gaseous substance will arise as a result of momentum imbalance in electronic distribution? (1) Ammonia (g) (2) Carbon dioxide (g) (3) Na+(g) Cl–(g) (4) Xenon (gas)
But bro! the answer is not that.... Answer given is Xe...and I feel the question is taking about London dispersive forces, hence the answer may be Xe...
Giri sripathi 24 days ago
(3) option. Na+ (g) Cl- (g) as only this compounnd is inic in nature. Rest are covalent ones like NH3 , Xe(g) and CO2.
Vikas TU 25 days ago
arrange the following in order of increasing vanderwall`s radius.F ,Cl ,O ,Ne ,N
Ne due to increase in effective nuclear charge from to right along the period radius decrease. Cl has an extra orbit. so it has largest radius.
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn