MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
leaf chen Grade: 9

trans-4'-Pentyl-(1,1'-bicyclohexyl)-4-carboxylic acid, also can be called [1,1'-bicyclohexyl]-4-carboxylic acid, 4'-pentyl- ; [1,1'-Bicyclohexyl]-4-carboxylic acid, 4'-pentyl-, (trans,trans)- and so on. And It can be used as the intermediates of Liquid Crystals. I just know little about these chemical, anyone can tell me more information about these chemical, especially about its usage ?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Chetan Mandayam Nayakar
312 Points

The study of liquid crystals began in 1888 when an Austrian botanist named Friedrich Reinitzer observed that a material known as cholesteryl benzoate had two distinct melting points. In his experiments, Reinitzer increased the temperature of a solid sample and watched the crystal change into a hazy liquid. As he increased the temperature further, the material changed again into a clear, transparent liquid. Because of this early work, Reinitzer is often credited with discovering a new phase of matter - the liquid crystal phase.

Liquid crystal materials are unique in their properties and uses. As research into this field continues and as new applications are developed, liquid crystals will play an important role in modern technology. This tutorial provides an introduction to the science and applications of these materials.

5 years ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies
  • Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: CART20
Get extra R 400 off
USE CODE: CART20

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts