which book i should prefer for best results in iit-jee& aieee?????/

which book i should prefer for best results in iit-jee& aieee?????/

Grade:12

1 Answers

askiitianexpert charu-iitd
32 Points
13 years ago

Dear Amit ,

I Suggest all my students that they should never use too many books .
Always study from one or two good books from which you understand the problem well and are able to score in test series etc.
 First study a chapter from a text book and only after finishing from text book, you should use any reference books.
Buy one text book and one IIT-JEE reference book for each subject in each subject. Have a look at the list of books that I have mentionesd below. And buy theone whose language you think you understand best and are able to understand a topic well.

Physics

MECHANICS

Physics by H.C. Verma

Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

Resnick and Halliday

ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

Resnick and Halliday

Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith

Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

OPTICS

Physics by H.C. Verma

MODERN PHYSICS

Physics by H.C. Verma

Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

HEAT AND WAVES

Physics by H.C. Verma

Resnick and Halliday

Chemistry

ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

Morrison & Boyd

Solutions to Morrison Boyd

Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar & Chawla

INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

NCERT Inorganic Chemistry

Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee

IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

GENERAL CHEMISTRY

J.D. Lee

O.P. Aggarwal

R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

ALGEBRA

High school mathematics by Hall and Knight

IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

CALCULUS And ANALYTIC GEOMETRY

G.N.BermanCalculus

and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney

Coordinate geometry by Loney

IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

I.A.Maron

VECTORS

IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

Others:

1. Concept of Physics-by H.C.Verma : Exercises and solved numericals of this book are of high quality;2. Plane Coordinate Geometry- by S.L.Loney: Contains detailed treatment of the subject.But style of presentation is a bit old fashioned.3. IIT Guides-Tata McGrow Hill Publication;4. MCQ Maths-by Das Gupta(Bharti Bhavan Publication);5. Maths books by K.C.Sinha from Student's Friends Publication;6. Books and Guides of Arihant Prakashan:There are several titles available for IIT-JEE in this publication.Choose the suitable one that fulfills your requirement. Objective Approach to Physics/Maths published by Arihant Prakashan are good books.7. Books and Guides of MTG- Publication:There are several titles available for IIT-JEE in this publication.

My advice to all such students is very simple and straight forward: read basic concepts from any one good book. Do not read any topic from too many books. Start a topic or a chapter by reading it from NCERT first.Solve all problems contained in NCERT.Then do some problems of the type asked in entrance exams from that topic. After this, you will be able to judge for yourself if reading that topic/chapter from some advanced book is necessary or not. If you feel that what you learnt from NCERT is not enough to solve questions in competitive exams then (and only then !) read that topic from some other advanced book.For this you can use "Resnik and Halliday's book". Other books can also be used according to your personal preference.

Wish you all the luck..!!! :) :)

Keep posting.. We are happy to answer your doubts.. we understand how important is it to have someone elder and who understands you well.. We have been through this too ... :) 

Regards,

AskIITian Expert

Charu Nigam

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free