Sun is a fire ball of gas and is very hot. Now we know that as we go upward tempeature of the atmosphear decreases, more we go up temp will further decrease. That means if, we go up and up towards the sun we must feel very cold. My question is what we feel when we approach towards the sun hot burn or cold burn? Why? Please explain. Thanks.

Sun is a fire ball of gas and is very hot. Now we know that as we go upward tempeature of the atmosphear decreases, more we go up temp will further decrease. That means if, we go up and up towards the sun we must feel very cold. My question is what we feel when we approach towards the sun hot burn or cold burn? Why? Please explain. Thanks.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Askiitians Expert Bharath-IITD
23 Points
14 years ago

Dear Umesh,

It is true that on earth as the elivation increases temperature decreases but this decrease is only upto a certain height i.e upto the ozone layer. The ozone layer is not so cold because of the high enegetic UV rays are absobed by this layer and atoms are in ionized from and from here on wards temperature starts increasing and ultimately in the free space it is not  so freezing cold and as we go towards the sun the temperature rises further and reaches a value of 60000 C at the surface f the sun and its core temperature is even higher.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best  !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Adapa Bharath

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free