There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

how do you calculate the velocity of an electron in GP thomson experiment.Which mass of electron do you consider as it changes with velocity and the dynamic mass cannot be calculated witout knowing the velocity

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thomson’s experiment.G.P. Thomson in 1928 performed experiments with thin foil of gold in place of nickel crystal. He observed that if the beam of electrons after passing through the thin foil of gold is received on the photographic plate placed perpendicular to the direction of the beam, a diffraction pattern is observed as before (Fig. 1). This again confirmed the wave nature of electrons.

The debroglie eq is to be used to calculate the velocity of electron and u donoy have to consider any dynamic masses as the theory of relativity is an entirely diff. concept and need not be used here and the mass to be used is

9.10938188 × 10-31 kilograms .

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Modern Physics

Sir/Mam I'm very tensed about my physics . I can't solve any physics numerical it goes like bounce for me
@ rana what problems actually u are facing while solving a physics numericals ?? physics is a intresting subject as far as i knows about it . you need some concept grasp and a proper...
Umakant biswal 23 days ago
What do you mean by baseband signals? please explain.
Baseband signals are also called message signals . They designate the band of frequencies representing the original signal, as delivered by the source of information. Hope you understand my ...
Adarsh 2 months ago
A ball dropped from a point P crosses a point Q in t seconds.the time taken by it to travel from Q to R, if P Q=QR a)t. b)2t. C)(root 2-1)t I want procedure
When ball dropped from a point P crosses a point Q in t seconds, let PQ = QR = x then, x = 0 + 0.5gt^2.........................(1) and also final speed would become as: v = 0 +...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
Why thee is no PDF (solved examples)as the chapter gravitation has!
@ GANESH which cahpter u are talking about , if its related to electromagnetic induction , they ,. YES , its avaliable for the same . buy the self styd package , and u will get it their ....
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
is spherical magnets possible? if yes then how to tell which pole is north or south
The magnet can have a spherical shape but the repartition of the magnetic pole is not spherical.A good example is Earth which has magnetic poles. The north and south pole of a spherical...
somprasad 3 months ago
basic concept of calorimetry and heat transportation
@ anjali kindly elaborate your ques a little bit , so, that we can help u in a better way . acc to the principle of calorimetry if there is a diffrence between the temp. of two objects and...
Umakant biswal 20 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Modern Physics

Ask Experts