There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

What is dark energy?How can the the growth of universe be explained through it?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear saikat,

measurements of the cosmic microwave background indicate that the Universe has a flat geometry on large scales. Because there is not enough matter in the Universe -- either ordinary or darkmatter -- to produce this flatness, the difference must be attributed to a "dark energy". This same dark energy causes the acceleration of the expansion of the Universe. In addition, the effect of dark energy seems to vary, with the expansion of the Universe slowing down and speeding up over different times.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Modern Physics

What are the main types of modulation? Please give some idea.
A form of sinusoidal carrier wave is given below: c(t) = a c sin(w c t+ ϕ) where a c – amplitude of carrier wave w c – frequency of carrier wave ϕ – phase of carrier wave During modulation, ...
Adarsh 2 months ago
in space there is no air why?what is the reasons of about this?tell me clearly?
Hello Kumar T hat's a good, but very tricky, question. It turns out that there is actually gravity in space . I dont knoe about that
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
dear kumar.... in space there is no air because of a bove that level, light gases like helium and hydrogen are most common . air thins as you go up in altitude because the majority of air...
mohan 9 months ago
There is no air in space because there is no gravity to condense the molecules of gases found there into air . On Earth, gravity holds nitrogen, oxygen .there is no atmosphere also in space.
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
Can someone help with Q14 that`s in the attachment. Thank you.
@ ashmeet i can tell you how to approach such kind of questions , in this perticular case u have to apply KVL . let v =0 then by applying kvl we get 12-9/2 +24-q/4 =0 =36-3q/4=0 now as per...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
A body starting from rest moves with constant accleration. The ratio of distance covered by the body during the 5th second to that covered in 5 second is
Distance covered in n th second is given by s n = u + a/2(2n-1) where u – intial velocity and a – acceleration Distance covered in t seconds is given by s = ut + a/2(t 2 ) But, here u = 0...
Adarsh 3 months ago
HERE ‘U’=0, HENCE THE DISTANCE COVERED UPTO 5 th second is=1/2at^2=(25a)/2. and theTHE DISTANCE COVERED UPTO 4th second is=1/2a(4 2 )=8a. and ths distance travelled in 5 th...
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
What are the laws of thermodynamics? Explain these laws with examples. What are the applications of these laws?
=>Zeroth law of thermodynamics: If two systems are in thermal equilibrium independently with a third system, they must be in thermal equilibrium with each other. This law helps define the...
babi 6 months ago
I think fire is a gas in state because we can’t say that fire is a liquid or a solid. I think if add some color to gas it may looks like fire.
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Modern Physics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts