There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

I am in my second year .I am very passionate about theory of relativity .Not only me many of my frnds too .We were just discussing about the theory and one of my frnds raised a question .All of us tried to solve it but we got 9 different answers although we worked together .But at last we were satisfied by an answer as we thought that was the final concept we could use. I am writing that question here. Can anyone of u please clarify me wheather our answer is correct or not.

Two bodies 'A' and 'B' are at rest at time t=0 at same point. they start moving with velocities 'c' and 'c/2' ( c = speed of light). After 1 sec ,where does A appear to be with respect to B.

Answer wch we got :

" c/2 "

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

same direction: (c-(c/2))/(1-c(c/2)/c2) =c

opposite direction: (c+(c/2))/(1+c(c/2)/c2) =c

thus correct answer is 'c' and not 'c/2'

6 years ago

i am satisfied with chetan from the theory of relativity speed of lighty remains constant irrespective of speed of observer so time will dilate for b and also for A.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Modern Physics

A ball dropped from a point P crosses a point Q in t seconds.the time taken by it to travel from Q to R, if P Q=QR a)t. b)2t. C)(root 2-1)t I want procedure
When ball dropped from a point P crosses a point Q in t seconds, let PQ = QR = x then, x = 0 + 0.5gt^2.........................(1) and also final speed would become as: v = 0 +...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
Archimedes say"give me a place to stand and I Wii move the earth" Meaning of this statement.
Actually archimedes understood the concept of leverage he very well know that by increasing the distance between fulcrum and point where we apply force any load can be easily lift off so by ...
Tushar one month ago
The stoping potential is equal to maximum kinetic energy of photo electron in eV
@ vikas what excatly your question ?? i am not getting it . will u be little bit elaborate the query , so, that we can help u out from this .. actually stopping potential is the minimum...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
which lens are used for miophic eye?
pa1 one year ago
concave lens
SEELA YUVARAJU one year ago
concave lens
santosh kumar one year ago
waht is law of conseravation of angular momentum...............?
“The law of Conservation of angular momentum” states that when the net external torque acting on a system is zero,the total angular momentum of the system is constant.
Jangam Mohan 2 months ago
dear pawan, Angular momentum of a rotating body remains constant when no external torque acting on it.
SAI SARDAR 2 months ago
What is the actual range of conductivity of insulators???
The actual range of conductivity of insulators is 10 -11 – 10 -19 Sm -1 . Hope you understand my answer . ALL THE BEST..
Adarsh 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Modern Physics

Ask Experts