Two stones are thrown up simultaneously from the edge of a cliff with initial speeds v and 2v. The relative position of the second stone with respect to first varies with time till both the stones strike the ground as A Linearly BFirst linearly then parabolically C Parabolically D First parabolically then linearly My solution is as follows Let us suppose that the 1st particle is at rest with respect to 2nd particle Then relative velocity of 2nd particle with respect to 1st particle = 2v – v = v Relative acceleration of 2 nd particle with respect to first particle = (-g)-(-g) = 0 Therefore at any moment t the relative position between the second particle with respect to first will be given by= vt Thus there is linear variation hence the answer will be A however the answer is B Why and How please explain. (Note I am very disappointed with this website as last time I sent a question in physical chemistry section which was not solved rather I was persuaded to buy the products of website. It is my humble request to the authorities to kindly solve my doubts. That will be enough and i do not need anything. And yes delay is a major problem. So please solve these issues and send me the solution as fast as you can)

Two stones are thrown up simultaneously from the edge of a cliff with initial speeds v and 2v. The relative position of the second stone with respect to first varies with time till both the stones strike the ground as
A Linearly
BFirst linearly then parabolically
C Parabolically
D First parabolically then linearly
 My solution is as follows
Let us suppose that the 1st particle is at rest with respect to 2nd particle
Then relative velocity of 2nd particle with respect to 1st particle = 2v – v = v
Relative acceleration of 2nd particle with respect to first particle = (-g)-(-g) = 0
Therefore at any moment t the relative position between the second particle with respect to first will be given by= vt
Thus there is linear variation hence the answer will be A however the answer is B Why and How please explain.
(Note I am very disappointed with this website as last time I sent a question in physical chemistry section which was not solved rather I was persuaded to buy the products of website. It is my humble request to the authorities to kindly solve my doubts. That will be enough and i do not need anything. And yes delay is a major problem. So please solve these issues and send me the solution as fast as you can)

Grade:11

1 Answers

Ankit
askIITians Faculty 170 Points
7 years ago
522-1308_Capture.PNG

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free