Sir i want to ask If I have an object with zero mass in a vacume and apply say 1n of force to the object how can I calculate its acceleration, and current speed at any time? Sir basically my question is realted to the problem in hcv ex 6 page 73 in which a pulley has a zero mass still it is accelerating and we are able to calculate its acceleration. But the force on pulley are equal F- 2T= 0*a this implies F=2T. Still te object is accelerating. How is this possible??

Sir i want to ask If I have an object with zero mass in a vacume and apply say 1n of force to the object how
can I calculate its acceleration, and current speed at any time?
Sir basically my question is realted to the problem in hcv ex 6 page 73 in which a pulley has a zero mass still it is accelerating and we are able to calculate its acceleration. But the force on pulley are equal F- 2T= 0*a this implies F=2T. Still te object is accelerating. How is this possible??

Grade:

1 Answers

Sanchayan Ghosh
27 Points
9 years ago
Whenever they ask you to take a massless pulley. Don`t literally take the mass of the pulley as 0. Take it as having negligible mass. Here, first calculate the acceleration of the block m. Then, apply constraint relations on the pulley to find its acceleration. Acceleration of pulley = Average of acceleration of its ends. Hope this helps.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free