can anybody explain me completly about vertical friction

can anybody explain me completly about vertical friction

Grade:12th pass

6 Answers

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Well your question is a little unclear. I’m giving you one explanation but i’m not sure if this is what you want. So let me know if it’s not clear and i’ll give you a better explanation.

Suppose you have a body and you are pushing it against a wall. Since you are applying force on the body, the wall will apply equal amount of force on the body too and that will act as the normal reaction force. Now frictional force is coefficient of friction x normal reaction. This friction acts vertically upwards.

so if you are pushing this body, it’s natural tendency would be to fall down due to weight, but due to the friction acting in vertical direction the weight gets cancelled. 

Feel free to ask follow up questions and approve the answer if you think it’s useful :)
Kunal Nath
33 Points
8 years ago
thanks a lot neeti
did u got seat in nit or iit or any other institute
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
No problem  :) and no i didn't appear for the engineering entrances. Only medical :)
Ananya Sharma
36 Points
8 years ago
neeti me ananya sharma can u answer my questions that i have posted
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Which question ananya? And you read what the forum team said. They think I'm only answering your questions.  But anyways,  which question?  Send me the link.
Kunal Nath
33 Points
8 years ago
did u got any seat?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free