A body is projected vertically upward with speed 40m/s. The distance travelled by body in the last second of upward journey is.take g as 9.8

A body is projected vertically upward with speed 40m/s. The distance travelled by body in the last second of upward journey is.take g as 9.8

Grade:11

4 Answers

Hasan Naqvi
97 Points
8 years ago
Since the distance travelled in the last second of upward journey = distance travelled in first second of downward journey(the height-time graph is symetric about the highest point)

s = ut + ½ at2
= 0 + 0.5 * 9.8 * 1
=4.9m
Pavan
13 Points
6 years ago
Why this question u is take 0 n in question given that body is projected vertically upward with speed 40m/s
Ashish Sahani
21 Points
6 years ago
niche aate samay jo pahle second me distance covered karega wahi last second ke upar jane me bhi karega.Isliye niche aane ke pahle V=0m/s ho jayegaphir wo niche aayega to ab U=0m/s lenge aur pahle second me distance travelled nikal lenge jo upar jate samay last second ke distance ke barabar hota hai.
ankit singh
askIITians Faculty 614 Points
3 years ago
body is projected vertically upward with speed 40m SThe distance by body in the last second of upward journey is [take g=9.8 m/s2 and neglect effect of air resistance ] 1)4.9 m.
thanks and regards

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free