A block of mass 2 kg is pushed against a rough vertical wall with a force of 40N,coeff of static friction=0.5.Another horizontal force of 15N,is applied on block in a direction parellel to wall.will the block move? If yes, in which direction? If no,find frictional force exerted by wall on block. For ease can you please provide F.B.D of this or simply its diagram I am not getting this!!! ( I know the answer(ans :It moves at an angle of 53 r, with the 15 N force) I actually want to know how you solved it ? please provode diagram too!

A block of mass 2 kg is pushed against a rough vertical wall with a force of 40N,coeff of static friction=0.5.Another horizontal force of 15N,is applied on block in a direction parellel to wall.will the block move? If yes, in which direction? If no,find frictional force exerted by wall on block.
For ease can you please provide F.B.D of this or simply its diagram I am not getting this!!!

( I know the answer(ans :It moves at an angle  of 53 r, with the 15 N force)

I actually want to know how you solved it ? 
please provode diagram too!

Grade:11

1 Answers

Mayank pandey
26 Points
6 years ago
Figure Here Force(F) against wall =40NForce (f) in direction of wall =15Ncoefficient of friction between wall and mass=0.5ACE to question -40 = N(normal force on block by wall) (15+(2*10))-(20)=mass *acceleration 15=mass*accelerationHence the block move in the direction of 53 degrees

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free