There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

the time period of the  particle executing simple harmonic motion is 8 sec.At T=0 it is at mean position.the ratio of the distance covered by the particle in 1st sec to 2nd sec is

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear jauneet

let the equation of motion is

X =Asin(2px/8)

in first second X1 =Asin(p/4)
in 2 sec X2 =Asin(p/2)
so 2nd sec distance covered = X2 -X1

x1 /(X2 -X1) = Asin(p/4)/[Asin(p/2) -Asin(p/4)]
=1/(v2 -1)

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Askiitians Experts
6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

one kg of air is compressed poly tropically(n=1.3)from 1 bar and 27 deg celsius to 3 bar.find work transfer,heat transfer and change in internal energy.
Work Done in Polytropic process = > xRT/(1 – n) = > (1000/32) * 0.0821 * 300/(1 – 1.3) = > -2565.625 Joule. From Q = U + W U = mC(T2 – T1) as Temp. is constant. U = 0. Hence Q = W = –...
2017 years ago
if a body move with u velocity then after collide with wall and remove with v velocity what is the impulse
Hi aman, I think this might help as we know that Impulse and also F=m(dv/dt) so (here m is the mass of body and dv/dt =acc) here p is the momentum ans delta p is change in momentum hence in ...
Ankit Jaiswal 18 days ago
any post any query as a post...
Ankit Jaiswal 17 days ago
and plz approve this will help me alot...
Ankit Jaiswal 17 days ago
the moment of inertia of a solid flywheel of radius 0.1m about its axis is 0.1kgm2. a tangential force of 2 kg wt is applied through the circumference of flywheel with the help of string and...
ANS: 2m/s 2 equate the torque I alpha = force * r (r = radius of wheel) 0.1*a/r = 2*10* r ( a = accelaration) therefore a=2m/s 2 ( r = 0.1m)
2017 years ago
the transfarmer is worked on the priciple of --------------?
naveenkumar transformer is current device. and it works onthe principle of mutual induction of two coils. When current in the primary coil is changed the flux linked to the secondary coil...
Y MANJUNADH 9 months ago
It is a device which is use to convert high alternatic voltage to a low alternatic voltage and vice versa. transformer works on the principle of mutual induction of two coils. When current...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
dear naveen kumar........ A transformer consists of two electrically isolated coils and operates on Faraday's principal of “mutual induction”..............................
mohan 9 months ago
what is doppler effect?
Dear Manjunath The Doppler effect (or Doppler shift) is the change in frequency of a wave (or other periodic event) for an observer moving relative to its source. It is named after the...
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
Hello manjunath, Doppler effect means an increase (or decrease) in the frequency of sound, light, or other waves as the source and observer move towards (or away from) each other. The...
Gowri sankar 9 months ago
Doppler effect is an apparent change in the frequency of waves, as of sound or light, occurring when the source and observer are in motion relative to each other, with the frequency...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
find the unit vector perpendicular tothe vetors P=3i+j+2k and Q=2i-2j+4k. pls explain the steps too
first u have to find the cross product of these two vectors......i hope that u know how to find cross product... (3i+j+2k) X (2i-2j+4k) = 8i-8j-8k now this one is the property of cross...
Deepak Gauniyal 3 months ago
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts