Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

will u please answer this question 

if a rocket is moving vertically upwards with a acceleration 'a' will its resultant acceleration be (a-g) 

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Chaitanya

if the acceleration of rocket is given a ,then its acceleration will be "a' ,not (a-g).

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Askiitians Experts
6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A very broad elevator is going vertically up with constant acceleration of 2 m/s2 . At instant when its velocity is 4 m/sa ball is projected from the floor of the lift with a speed of 4 m/s ...
Net acceleration = g + a = > 12 m/s^2 Time of flight = 2usintheta /12 = > 2*4/sin30/12 = 1/3 seconds.
Vikas TU 14 days ago
A recording disc rotates steadily at 45 revolutions/min on a table. When a small mass 0.02 kg is dropped gently on the disc at a distance of 0.04 m from its axis and stucks to the disc, the ...
From angular momentum conservation, I1 w1 = I2 w2 we get, (I)*45 = [(I) + 0.02*0.04*0.04]*36 Solving for I we get, 45I – 36I = 1.152 x 10^-3 I = 1.28 x 10^-3where I is the moment of inertia ...
Vikas TU 7 days ago
Hi Gaurang, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
Ankit 7 days ago
A disc of radius R , mass M lies on smooth horizontal surface. Two persons of equal mass m standing on diametrically opposite points. Both persons start moving in same sense, then find...
Reposting the answer for the qstn. posted twice: In same sense as it has been mentioned in the qstn. assuming both v speed as clockwise (let), the disc to be assumed as a rectangular piece...
Vikas TU 9 days ago
Explain in which cases Power will become Negative in Physics and also in Chemistry?
Dear student The question is not clear...can you please tell in which regard are you asking the poer to be negative?
Bhavya one month ago
Energy is Negative of a system when that system is isolated from any other system and there is no any other +ve or -ve enery in or out the System to make it +ve.This energy is dangerous as...
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
@ ramya actually its just the magnitude of work done in unit time . and REMEMBER 1 THING – POWER CANNOT BE -VE . its actually a modulus , so, power can never be -ve . HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Iitjee problem reposted to check who can do it within 5seconds.
@ amal u have did the same mistake again , no image attched with this ques , kindly do add an image so, that we can respond to it as fast as possible , and all are here a professional...
Umakant biswal 8 days ago
Is LR and LCR circuits with DC source included in JEE Main Syllabus?
Yes they are the part of the Electromagnetic Induction chapter. A Dc source with R and L. simply write KVL there and integerate it for current eqn. in inductor.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts