There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

1.The length of of a seconds hand in a watch is 1cm.The change in velocity of its tip in 15s is what?

2.A particle is projected vertically upwards and reaches the maxm. ht. H in time T.The ht. of a particle at any time t will be what?

6 years ago

Answers : (3)

Dear Chandan Das

speed of tip of second hand is constant =2∏*1/60  cm/sec

=∏/30  cm/sec

so in 15 sec it will rotate by an angel 90 degree

initial velocity = ∏/30 i

final velocity = ∏/30(-j)

change in velocity = | ∏/30(-j)  - ∏/30 i|

=∏√2/30  cm/sec

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago
										Ans 2: Max Height: u^2sin^?/2g =  H

usin?/g = T
Displacement at any time t = xtan?-(1/2)gx^2/(u^2cos^2?)
Replace x with ucos?t : utsin?-(1/2)gt^2
6 years ago

Max Height Attained : H = (u2sin2θ)/2g      ½

Time Taken For Achieving Max. Height : T = usinθ/g

Displacement At Any time t: xtanθ-½gx2/(u2cos2θ)

Replace x with ucosθt : utsinθ-½gt2

= 2Ht/T-½gt2

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A bicyclist comes to a skidding stop in 10m. During this process the force on the bicycle due to the road is 200N and is directly opposed to the motion. The work done by the cycle on the...
Work done by the road on the cycle is =F.s=(-200N).10m=-2000Nm As the displacement of the road is zero,hence work done is zero. If you are helped by my answer then please approve this...
Piyush Behera 9 days ago
Work done by the road on the cycle is =F.s=(-200N).10m=-2000Nm As the displacement of the road is zero,hence work done by the cycle on the road is zero. If you are helped by my answer then...
Piyush Behera 9 days ago
In how much time will my question get answered??can you please reply and give me the correct answer?
Hai student, Your questiions will be answered as soon as possible. Ask your subject doubts to get clarified at AskIITians.
Dr.Adam Shaik 4 days ago
Question is based on cross product. it is attached.
no the question is how do we know, for example calculate torque. F=2i+3j and r=4i. so is it F cross r or r cross F and how do we decide which is correct. According to the question they used ...
Naveen Shankar one month ago
while writing in vector form you will see it has FsSin@ (where @=theta angle). so while using i vector or j vector or k vector the whole sign changes so -that is the significance of writing ...
dipika kumari Sahoo one month ago
Torque is always r x F and never F x r . If the answer in your book is given for F x r then it is wrong. The example u gave torque should be -12k
Manas Shukla one month ago
doppler effect
The Doppler effect is observed whenever the source of waves is moving with respect to an observer. The Doppler effect can be described as the effect produced by a moving source of waves in...
KUNCHAM SAMPATH one year ago
The Doppler effect (or Doppler shift) is the change in frequency of a wave (or other periodic event) for an observer moving relative to its source. It is named after the Austrian physicist...
sumanth 7 months ago
i can give you an example if you are standing on the platform suddenly sound raises then you will feel the train was came to near this is the doppler effect................ the clear change ...
raju p one year ago
write the law of reflection?
pa1 one year ago
The law of reflection states that the incident ray, the reflected ray, and the normal to the surface of the mirror all lie in the same plane. Furthermore, the angle of reflection is equal...
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
Laws of reflection: The incident, reflected rays at lght and the normal of the boundary surface are lie in the same plane. The angle of incidence is equal to angle of reflction. Therefore,...
Can you explain to me the concept behind a spherical conductor inside a
@ raveesh Your question is incomplete , kindly repost the question again , what u want to know about the spherical conducter ?? waiting to hear from you again . ALL THE BEST ..
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts