There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A block of mass m is slipping down a fixed rough inclined plane of inclination α with constant speed. The contact force between block and incline is?

Ans : mg

Please explain the basic definition of contact force and how is it different from normal reaction.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Nehal

Contact force has two component ,one is along the plane which is calledfrinction force and onther is alonh tthe normal to the plan which is called normal force.

in this case block is slipping with constant speed so mgsinα = μmgcosα ..........1

and normal force = mgcosα  .................2

so resultant force  = √(μmgcosα)2 + (mgcosα)2

=√(mgsinα)2 + (mgcosα)2

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Is angular acceleration about any point on a rotating rigid body same? If so what is the value of it for a rod of length with a force of M*g acting on the centre and M*g/2 acting on one end...
net moment = I * a where a is the angular accln. Therefore, moment about centre = Mg*l/2 = Ml^2/12 * a Get the value of a Hence.
Vikas TU one month ago
You dint get my question.. Think about the first part of my question.. If the answer is yes then there is a confusion for me..
Guru Prasath one month ago
if a body move with u velocity then after collide with wall and remove with v velocity what is the impulse
Hi aman, I think this might help as we know that Impulse and also F=m(dv/dt) so (here m is the mass of body and dv/dt =acc) here p is the momentum ans delta p is change in momentum hence in ...
Ankit Jaiswal 19 days ago
any post any query as a post...
Ankit Jaiswal 18 days ago
and plz approve this will help me alot...
Ankit Jaiswal 18 days ago
Is it possible for a particle to describe a curved path if no force acts on it? Does your answer depend on the frame of reference chosen to view the particle ?
Actually particle CAN move without applying force depending on your frame of reference. Though we still use “pseudo-force” or ficticious forces to balance out the motion. Accelerated frames ...
Manas Shukla 7 days ago
NO particle can follow a curved path if there is no external force . this is a newton law -particle move in a straight line untill an extenal force act on it . so for a curved path external ...
prateek 8 days ago
i want to know about limitations of newtons universal laws of gravitation
Dear student There are two instances where Newtonian laws of gravitaion break down. The first involves objects traveling at or near the speed of light. The second problem comes when...
Bhavya one month ago
write definition for Amplittude?
Every wave motion is defined by its mathematical equation. Maximum displacement of the wave is called as Amplitude.
Saurabh Kumar one year ago
The maximum displacement of then system fromeits equillibrium.
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts