There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A metallic sphere floats in an immiscible mixture of water (ρw = 103 kg/m3) & a liquid (ρl = 13.5 × 103 kg/m3 ) such that its 4/5 th volume is in water & its 1/5 th volume in the liquid. Find the density of metal

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Mainak

let the density of metal is ρ  ,and volume of the metal is V

ρVg = ρw(4V/5)g  + ρl(V/5)g

ρ = ρw(4/5)  + ρl(1/5)

=3.5 × 103 kg/m3

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Is there any book on theory of relative velocity of approach and separation
@ manju h c ver ma is the best one for that , it explains the relative velocity part in a little bit of detail by taking the example of diffrent scenario . so, u can use that , they also...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
I think cengage physics mechanics-1 is the best because there is a complete explaination about all cases like minimum time of approach also angle of particles without using calculus and in...
benny bhai 3 months ago
DC Pandey explains the topic clearly andcan be very helpful to do problems related to relative velocity.So I would recommend you Mechanics-I by DC Pandey.
Mudit 3 months ago
3 rd law of motion action and reaction both force are equal and in opposite direction. when we exert force on table with force F1 then car also exert force F2 on our hand and it is in...
@ radheshyam action reaction pairs act on different bodies, so they do not cancel out.. their magnitudes are equal and directions are opposite.. force by table acts on you, applied force by ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Every object has its own capacity to resist forces when we apply foce greater than the opposing capacity of any object then our unbalanced force causes motion, actually with our force we...
Ajay Choudhury 2 months ago
if i fire a bullet in space it will move forever (assuming it won't hit any celestial object and doesn't get caught by any aliens). But will it accelerate forever and reach 0.99c or will it ...
I think it won’t acclerate. It will move at velocity at which it was fired because for accl n u need constant force but after firing bullet will experience no (net) force hence no accl n...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
Nothing which has measurable mass goes faster than light . Even gases observed orbiting the blackhole rarely reach .90c . Now to the question there is no force acting on the bullet after it ...
Manas Shukla one month ago
Please tell how to calculate the induced electric field in changing magnetic field??
calculate magnetic flux with time a variable then diif wrt time...........................................................
harshul gupta one month ago
Can thevenin theorem be used in LR and LCR circuits?
Yes thevenin’s theorm is a general way to simplify all kinds of impedence circuits, so you can use them to analyse the behaviour of LR and LCR circuits as well
Riddhish Bhalodia 9 months ago
I have a problem with solving qestions related to kirchoffs laws. Kindly help me with solution.How to solve Question number 21 and 22 in image?
your pictures are not good i cant see what is written there please send them again waiting to help u please take picture from correct angle
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts