There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

explain the concept of c.o.m. how ti changes before &and after the motion.How it changes before &after collisions.  how it is related to different bodies?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear shanky

answer to all these question requires atleast 2 lecture for detail  answer .here i am just giving you the basic concept.

if any system made of diferent body of mass m1,m2,m3...... and at a distance from the reference point from where COM is measered is x1,x2,x3,,,, respectively  .so COM of the system about that point is defibed as

COM = (m1*x1+m2*x2+m3*x3 +......)/(m1 +m2 +m3) =(∑mixi)/∑mi

now lets consider mass m1 .m2.m3 ..... are moving with velocity V1,V2,V3.....respectively

then the COM is moving =(m1*v1+m2*v2+m3*v3 +......)/(m1 +m2 +m3) =(∑mivi)/∑mi

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A recording disc rotates steadily at 45 revolutions/min on a table. When a small mass 0.02 kg is dropped gently on the disc at a distance of 0.04 m from its axis and stucks to the disc, the...
From angular momentum conservation, I1 w1 = I2 w2 we get, (I)*45 = [(I) + 0.02*0.04*0.04]*36 Solving for I we get, 45I – 36I = 1.152 x 10^-3 I = 1.28 x 10^-3where I is the moment of inertia ...
2017 years ago
Hi Gaurang, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
2 days ago
2kg of gas at a pressure of 1.5 bar.occupies a volume of 2.5m cube.if this gas compresses isothermally to 1/3 times the initial volume.find temperature,work done,heat transfer.
As the pocess is isothermal chanege in Internal energy would be zero and hence temperature remains costant that is T. From ideal gas eqn. PV =nRT 1.5 * 2.5*1000 = 2000/32 * 0.0821 * T we...
2017 years ago
what is banking of road ? why is important for us?and wat is friction in the banking of road?
the phenomenon of raising the outer edge of the curved road above the inner edge is to provide the nessasary centripetal force to the veichle to take a safer turn in the curved road is...
Umakant biswal 19 days ago
friction defined as the resistance force offered by surface of contact acting in the direction opposite to the motion.and the banking road is the curved road where we take safe turn at the...
Y MANJUNADH 19 days ago
How to derive the relation : Cp/Cv = gamma????? From basic terms
Formula of enthaply (delta H)=(deltaE)+PV Equation of ideal gas=pv=nRT From equation we get pv=RT (where n=1) subtitute pv value in enthalpy we get E+RT=H differentiate the ‘H’ with respect ...
U.Divyatejasree 26 days ago
dear iitians, please derive wave function Acos(kx-wt)
Dear Suresh, For deriving the wave function ACos(kx-wt) you have to cosider the ncert books and answer is given in chapter wavemotion.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
dear suresh... A wave function in quantum mechanics describes the quantum state of an isolated system of one or more particles. There is one wave function containing all the information...
mohan 9 months ago
Hello Suresh These wave functions are solutions of a differential equation called the wave ..... derivative of y With a— : a—[A sin( kx — wt )] = A cos (kx — (DOT = kA cos(kx ~ wt)
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
What is the relationship between power radiated by an antennae with its length and the wavelength of the wave it radiates?
Let ‘l’ be the length of the antennae and ‘x’ be the wavelength of the wave. Then power radiated by the antennae is proportional to (l/x) 2
Adarsh 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts