The motion of a torsional pendulum is not:

A) periodic

B) oscillatory

c) simple harmonic

D) angular SHM

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Ramsing

When a body is makes angular ossicilatiom about a given axix then these types of motion is called angular SHM.

so option 3rd is correct

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Is it possible for a particle to describe a curved path if no force acts on it? Does your answer depend on the frame of reference chosen to view the particle ?
Actually particle CAN move without applying force depending on your frame of reference. Though we still use “pseudo-force” or ficticious forces to balance out the motion. Accelerated frames ...
Manas Shukla 6 days ago
NO particle can follow a curved path if there is no external force . this is a newton law -particle move in a straight line untill an extenal force act on it . so for a curved path external ...
prateek 7 days ago
The figure shows the position and velocities of two particles. If the particles move under the mutual attraction of each other,then the position of center of mass at t=1sec
Dear user, I see no attachment here. plz upload it and re-post it for better explanation and answer. Thankyou!
Vikas TU 4 days ago
Refer to the figure. All the surfaces are frictionless. The strings are massless and inextensible. The ratio of tensions T1 and T2 is: a)1 : 5 , b) 5 : 1, c) 1 : 1, d) 6 : 1 (answer), e)1 : ...
Let the acceleration of the system be a. Considering the 2kg and 10kg masses and writing the equation of motion for them, we have: For 10kg mass: (1) For 2kg mass: (2) Substituting eqn(2)...
Raman Mishra one month ago
The applied force is not mentioned...we cant solve without it...there is a short cut method for this type of problems....I cant use it unless u give the numerical value of the force which is...
Soham Chowdhury one month ago
But the force was not given with the question. There was no numerical value, just ‘F’. I’d be happy if you gave me the shortcut, though.
Grace Mathew one month ago
i am feeling difficult to understand a problem completely.i am unalble to get ideas while solving problems.please help mw with some tips.
Try to focus on every aspect of the question. Please try to read the question repeatedly and try to think of its way of solutoin before solving actually. Thanks
Vijay Mukati one year ago
If a wire of uniform cross section is stretched such that ,its length is increased by 2%,50%then the %change in its resistance is___ 1)4%,100% 2)1%,25% 3)4%,125% 4)4%,50%
As nothing has been mentioned about area x length = constant we will follow the conventionas: Resistance is directly proprtional to square of length of Resistance wire. Thus R =...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
What is Ampere’s law?please give me the brief explanation..
Ampere's Law states that for any closed loop path, the sum of the length elements times the magnetic field in the direction of the length element is equal to the permeability times the...
The main limitation of Ampers law is, the cirrent must be in steady , that means current must be constant in time. The use of Amperes law is to calculate the magnitc field of a given...
The full version of Ampere's Law is one of Maxwell's Equations that describe the electromagnetic force. Ampere's Law specifically, says that the magnetic field created by an electric current...
ULFAT 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts