There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A mass of 100 gm is tied to one end of a string 2m long The body is revolving in a horizontal circle making an maximum of 200 revolutions per min The other end of the string is fixed at the centre of the circle of revolution The max tension that the string can bear

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear pallvi

m =200 gm =.2kg

r = 2m

ω=200 rev/min  =20 ∏/3 rad /sec

centrifugal force F = mω2r

= .2 * (20 ∏/3)2 * 2

=175.45 N

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a bullet of mass 100 gram moving with 20 m/s strikes a wooden plank and penetrates upto 20 cm calculate the resistance offered by the wooden plank
Resistance offered- F=ma ,where m=100g=0.1kg accl n is to be determined. v 2 =u 2 +as as bullet is stopped after 20 cm in plank v=0 ,u=20m/s ,s=20cm=0.2m On substituting 0 2 =20 2 +2a*0.2...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
I made a mistake v 2 =u 2 +2as though i wonder how did i manage to substitute properly Anyhow apologies for the mistake
Paras Verma 3 months ago
a body is moving with a velocity of 20m/s and another small object at rest undergo an elastic collision . The latter move with a velocity of
Hi Sankalp, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
2017 years ago
Solve this question urgently . This question your challenge you answer with solution
Vivek please share the question so that someone be able to answer the question.There is no attachment either..................
Mudit 3 months ago
Hi friend , sorry friend there is no question. Please add attach ok thanks. please upload question or attach image
whatis law of conservation of momentum....................?
dear hayathi, In the absence of external force, total momentum before collision is equal to the total momentum after collision.
SAI SARDAR 2 months ago
The law of momentum conservation can be stated as follows. For a collision occurring between object 1 and object 2 in an isolated system, the total momentum of the two objects before the...
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
sir i have now 5 months so what should i do im an student of maths preparing to crack iit with under200 rank pplease contact me
@ abhijeet frst of all dnt frustrated , just continue the preparation that u are doing . and as u are in the last phase of your preparation , then just its time to cover and wrap up the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts