There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A body of mass m is moving in a circle of radius r with a constant speed v the force on the body is mv^2/2 and is directed towards the centre What is the work done by this force  in moving the body half the circumference of the circle

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear pallavi

force mv^2/r is always acting perpendicular to the directtion of the motion. so it does contribute in workdone.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a bullet of mass 100 gram moving with 20 m/s strikes a wooden plank and penetrates upto 20 cm calculate the resistance offered by the wooden plank
Resistance offered- F=ma ,where m=100g=0.1kg accl n is to be determined. v 2 =u 2 +as as bullet is stopped after 20 cm in plank v=0 ,u=20m/s ,s=20cm=0.2m On substituting 0 2 =20 2 +2a*0.2...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
I made a mistake v 2 =u 2 +2as though i wonder how did i manage to substitute properly Anyhow apologies for the mistake
Paras Verma 3 months ago
For aiims..should i prefer mechanical engineering book? By s chand(for physics)
S.Chand Physics book is fine for academics also even fine for preparation to some extent. prepare concepts clearly from it....
Santosh Datla 3 months ago
@ sakshi No, for aiims mechanical engg book is not required at all , i never practiced any mechanical or even any books from s chand , but still i am in. For aiims specially u require the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
if i fire a bullet in space it will move forever (assuming it won't hit any celestial object and doesn't get caught by any aliens). But will it accelerate forever and reach 0.99c or will it ...
I think it won’t acclerate. It will move at velocity at which it was fired because for accl n u need constant force but after firing bullet will experience no (net) force hence no accl n...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
Nothing which has measurable mass goes faster than light . Even gases observed orbiting the blackhole rarely reach .90c . Now to the question there is no force acting on the bullet after it ...
Manas Shukla one month ago
Why is it not possible to apply Gauss Theorem for a FINITE straight wire?
It is not that we 'need' to use an infinite wire or plane. For example, I am sure there must be problems in the N.C.E.R.T. textbooks where you use a finite charged wire to calculate the...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
I think your question is not clear. Yes it is possible to apply gauss theorem for a finite wire.. Apply it like you do to a sphere or any other body.
Kaushàl 4 months ago
In pulley mass system of two masss such that m2 > m1.We make diection of acceleration as positive or we see the coordinate system signs ?? sign convention.
Take accln. according to the masses. The greater mass would have greater and positive accleration. and in pulley system i think that would be in vertical downward direction as heavier mass...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
what are the conditions for applying ampere circuital law?
Follow the steps given to apply Ampere’s circuital law: Step 1: Consider a symmetrical closed path such that it encloses direct current I once. This is Amperian path. Step 2: Consider...
dolly bhatia 4 months ago
Some points get remained: The integeral integeation above equation means that scalar product B . dl is to be integrated around the closed loop known as Amperian loop whose beginning and end ...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
Ampere's circuital law in magnetism is analogous to gauss's law in electrostatics This law is also used to calculate the magnetic field due to any given current distribution This law states ...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts