There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

a  particle leaves the origin with an initial velocity v and constant acceleration a.when the particle reaches its maximium x coordinate,what is its velocity?,acceleration?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The maximum x-coordinate is possible only when the velocity and the constant acceleration(or their x-components) are in opposite directions (for if they have x-component in same direction, there is no 'maximum' defined). In this case, the maximum x-coordinate is reached when the Vx becomes zero and the motion turns its direction in -ve x direction. The velocity is only the y- comp. of velocity, (increased or decreased) coming as per y-component of acceleration(for motion in x-direction only in initial case, this is also zero, "so in unidirectional motion the velocity is zero"). And whatever the case may be, the acceleration is always 'a' as it is a constant, stated earlier.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

If 4sec be the time in which a projectile reaches a point P of its path and 5sec the time from P till it rreaches te horizontal plane passing through the point of projection . The height of ...
Ankit 3 months ago
plz also answer mine other question ….......... it will help me and thanks for this answer.... it is correct
Hansraj Gyanendra Singh Rajawat 3 months ago
a particle of mass 3m is projected from ground with velocity 20 root 2 at 45 degrees at highest point it explodes into two pieces. one of mass 2m and other of mass m.both moves in opposite...
Nishant Vora one month ago
In this problem the easiest way to solve is you can assume that the centre of mass of the particle will continue to follow projectile motion. As we know particle of mass 2m lands at 100m....
Manas Shukla one month ago
What happens to the centripetal acceleration of a revolving body if you double the orbital speed v and half the angular velocity ? Explain?
2017 years ago
centripetal accleration = linear velocity^2 \radius radius x angular velocity = linear velocity then V=2v R=r\4 putting in formula we get acceleration increases by 8 times
17 hours ago
The S.I unit of magnetic field induction?
Weber/m 2
SAIMANIKANTA one year ago
Weber/m 2 is the unit of the magnetic field induction. And Electromagnetic induction is the production of an electromotive force across a conductor exposed to time varying magnetic fields....
SAI SANDY 10 months ago
Dear Kajal, The S.I. unit of Magnetic field induction is Weber/Meter 2 .And it from the formula of magnetid field induction.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
A body is giving 10^9 electrons in one second to another body. What time will it take to give 1 coulomb of charge ?
1ev=1.6e-19 that means 0.625e19 gives 1c charge and according to given question in 1sec e10 electrons are ejected which implies ot takes .625e10 sec to give one cloumb of charge
2017 years ago
sir how to use kirchoff law in case of capacitors plzz explain.... i tired to study it but i had problem in sign.....
The process for solving the capacitive network will be same as that of resistive newtork. The only different will be instead of resistance, we will have to write the impedance of the...
Vijay Mukati one year ago
for using kkirchoff’s law in case of capacitors, the first plate u encounter should be taken as positive plate and the charge on that plate should be taken into the equation.... suppose if...
chandravardhan singh one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts