There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A body starts slipping down on an incline plane and moves half meter in half second .How long will it take to next half metre?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear pallavi

motion for 1/2 meter  

so s= ut +1/2 a t2

1/2 =0+1/2 * a *(1/2)2

a=4 m/sec2

now motion for 1 meter

s= ut +1/2 a t2

1=0+ 1/2 * 4 *t2

t=1/ √2

so time taken for next 1/2 meter is  t'=1/ √2   -1/2  sec

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Question is based on cross product. it is attached.
no the question is how do we know, for example calculate torque. F=2i+3j and r=4i. so is it F cross r or r cross F and how do we decide which is correct. According to the question they used ...
Naveen Shankar one month ago
while writing in vector form you will see it has FsSin@ (where @=theta angle). so while using i vector or j vector or k vector the whole sign changes so -that is the significance of writing ...
dipika kumari Sahoo one month ago
Torque is always r x F and never F x r . If the answer in your book is given for F x r then it is wrong. The example u gave torque should be -12k
Manas Shukla one month ago
In how much time will my question get answered??can you please reply and give me the correct answer?
Hai student, Your questiions will be answered as soon as possible. Ask your subject doubts to get clarified at AskIITians.
Dr.Adam Shaik 4 days ago
a ball is projected with a velocity of 40√2 m/s at an angle of 45 find the position and velocity of the ball after 2 sec
please explain further in an easier way
the 3 months ago
velocity in both x and y directions=40 m/s. For X coordinate, X=40t i.e X=40x2=80m For Y coordinate, Y=Uyt+1/2gt^2 i.e. Y=40x2-1/2x10x4=60m Position of ball after 2 sec= (80,60) Velocity in ...
Prabhjot Singh 3 months ago
I want the solution of this question.pls help me sir
Question not available.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
A person`s eye level is 1.5 m.He stands in front of a 0.3 m long plane mirror which is 0.8 m above the ground. The length of the image he sees of himself is?I`m not able to draw the accurate...
If u draw a ray diagram u get it...For a height H the minimum height of MIRROR TO OBTAIN A COMPLETE IMAGE is H/2 therefore hsees 0.6 position of mirror doesnt matter
2017 years ago
wht is the biot-savart’s law and tell how many applications are there in this law?and give equations of applications?
Salvanth, The Biot–Savart law is used for computing the resultant magnetic field B at position r generated by a steady current I.
SAI SARDAR 9 months ago
In physics , specifically electromagnetism , the Biot–Savart law ( / ˈ b iː oʊ s ə ˈ v ɑːr / or / ˈ b j oʊ s ə ˈ v ɑːr / ) [ 1 ] is an equation describing the magnetic field generated by an ...
Prabhakar ch 8 months ago
dear salvanth, the biot-savart law is defined as the magnetic intensity at any point due to a steady current in an infinetely long straight wire is directly proportional to the current and...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts