There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A particle is moving eastwards with a velocity of 5m/s.In 10sec the velocity changes to 5m/s northwards.The average acceleration inthis time is

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear pallavi

Vi =5i

Avg acceleration =|(Vf -Vi)|/10

=1/√2 m/s2

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a block of mass 1 kg is pushed against a rough vertical wall with a force of 20n , coefficient of static friction being ¼. another horizontal force of 10N is applied on the block in a...
the horizontal force will be cancel out by the reaction force exerted by the wall. so, only downward force + weight of the object will effect it. but the other force of 10N +9.8N (weight of ...
prateek 5 days ago
A recording disc rotates steadily at 45 revolutions/min on a table. When a small mass 0.02 kg is dropped gently on the disc at a distance of 0.04 m from its axis and stucks to the disc, the...
From angular momentum conservation, I1 w1 = I2 w2 we get, (I)*45 = [(I) + 0.02*0.04*0.04]*36 Solving for I we get, 45I – 36I = 1.152 x 10^-3 I = 1.28 x 10^-3where I is the moment of inertia ...
2017 years ago
Hi Gaurang, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
11 hours ago
In x-y plane the position coordinates of a particle as a function of time t a is given as x=3t-4t^2 and y=4t+2t^2. The inetial velocity of particle makes an angle with x axis ?
We know that So and So we know initial velocity velocity in x direction = 3 velocity in y direction = 4 We know So
Manas Shukla 2 days ago
How to make strong electromagnet?
the material of the core should be soft iron
SAIMANIKANTA one year ago
the material of the core should be soft iron . An electromagnet is a type of magnet in which the magnetic field is produced by an electric current. The magnetic field disappears when the...
SAI SANDY 10 months ago
Dear Kajal, If you want to make a strong electro magnet the material of core should be iron cupper and the core consists of large number of circles.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
Is the motion of a pendulum simple harmonic..........................
HI MANICHANDRA, The motion of a simple pendulum is very close to Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM). SHM results whenever a restoring force is proportional to the displacement, a relationship...
Gowri sankar 9 months ago
helo mani chandra.... motion of pendulum is a simple harmonic motion because of it is one type of...
mohan 9 months ago
Hello Mani Small Angle Approximation and Simple Harmonic Motion. With the assumption of small angles, the frequency and period of the pendulum are independent of the initial angular...
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
What does negative sign in magnifying power of telescope denotes
@ altaf , the negative signs means the image will be inverted , as in magnification we are taking the raio of the height / distance of image / object ,, so, if in the case of telescope ,...
Umakant biswal 24 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts