There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

two projectiles are fired simultaneously one is at 60 with + X-axes and other is 30 with -X-axis,(u=20*(3)^(1\2)  ).the minimum distance between them during their time of flight is?

-two beads of equal masses are attached by string of length 1.414a and are free to move in smooth circular ring lying in vertical plane(positions of beads A,B are at 90 and 180)here a is radius of ring.find the tension and accleration of B just after the released to move

6 years ago

Answers : (8)

dear akash

projectile question is not clear

initial distance between position of two projectile is not given

please post it again clearly

6 years ago
										intial distance is 20m
6 years ago

Dear akash

Question is still not clear ,2 cases are possible.I will discuss both

for first case minimum distance is initial seperation i.e 20 m

for second case

general point on curve first is (u/2 t ,u√3/2 t -1/2gt2   )

general point on second curve (20-u√3/2 t ,u/2 t-1/2gt2   )

now find  the distance between two points ,and for minimum distance differentiate and put it equal to zero

minimum distance will come =5√2(√3-1) m

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago
										its the second case and answer you doesnt match (ans 10m)

see i did this prob by using relative velocity concept velocity of 1 w.r.t 2 will be horizontal (since magnitude is same for both and angle between velocity vectors is 90)then i simply calculated perpendicular distance from 2 but i got wrong answer

i dont know how draw

u will not believe me but i got this question while drawing in paint

also do the second question please??????
6 years ago

answer doesnt match(ans 10m)

well i did using relative velocity concept velocity of 1 w.r.t  2 is horizontal then i simply found perpendicular distance but i got wrong answer

idont know how to draw 

u wont believe me but i got this problem now while drawing in paint i made amistake by assuming resultant velocity is horizontal but it was 45 with v2...

please solve the second one    (i dont understand if resolve T(tension) along mg i.e Tcos45=mg=>T=1.414mg and when i resolve mg along T iget T=mg/1.414(correct answer) where am i wrong ?         and explain what happens when beads are released 

6 years ago

Force equs for 2 beads

For bead A:

T/(1.414)  =  mdv/dt                                   (1)

T/(1.414) + N1 + mg  =  mv*v/a                   (2)

For bead B:

mg - T/(1.414) =  mdv/dt                             (3)

T/(1.414) + N2 =  mv*v/a                            (4)

Solving equs (1) & (3) we get,

T  =  mg/(1.414).

Now at the time of release v = o,so no centripetal acc. only tangential acc.which for bead B can be calculated from equ (3)

dv/dt = g - g/2 = g/2

6 years ago

Sir can you please tell me how do you differentiate it step by step ?

6 years ago

I'm getting this quation for some other values but isd the same type !

This is the distance which i found between the 2 points :

Root of the whole euqation √170000+v2t2 + 200vt

So do i differentiate it ?

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A particle is moving in straight line such that its velocity changes with time t as v=t^2-t. The time interval for which particle retard is
Differentiate v w.r.t t time. dv/dt = 2t – 1 = a for retardation a should be negative. that is to say that, (2t – 1) should be less than zero or t should be less than 0.5 s. thus time...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Sir, our coaching center does not have a good physics teacher. Attending his class is same as not attending. I am very scared for my physics. The exams are in less than a year. Please tell...
Dear student First of all try to understand basic physics in school.If possible buy pradeep’s physics though the chapters given in it are deeply explained (which is sometimes not...
Bhavya one month ago
@ DAOLAGUPU why do u think that attending the class donot have any any meaning ?? see, i donot think that the problems are with teacher , beacuse diffrent student have diffrent way of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
3 rd law of motion action and reaction both force are equal and in opposite direction. when we exert force on table with force F1 then car also exert force F2 on our hand and it is in...
@ radheshyam action reaction pairs act on different bodies, so they do not cancel out.. their magnitudes are equal and directions are opposite.. force by table acts on you, applied force by ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Every object has its own capacity to resist forces when we apply foce greater than the opposing capacity of any object then our unbalanced force causes motion, actually with our force we...
Ajay Choudhury 2 months ago
What is HUYGENS principle?and explain with your own words??????????????????????/
Gowri sankar,Huygen’s principle states that it is a method of analysis applied to problems of wave propagation both in the far field limit and near field limit.
SAI SARDAR 9 months ago
Hello Gowri The Huygens -Fresnel principle states that every point on a wavefront is a source of wavelets. These wavelets spread out in the forward direction, at the same speed as the...
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
hellow gowrishankarThe Huygens–Fresnel principle (named after Dutch physicist Christiaan Huygens and French physicist Augustin-Jean Fresnel) is a method of analysis applied to problems of...
raj 9 months ago
What is working of a cyclotron and principles of cyclotron
@ ankit i am explaining here the working of cyclotron . the charge will follow a spiral path with increasing radius as its under constant acceleration due to external magnetic field (...
Principle of operation -----> A cyclotron accelerates a particle which is flly chrges to an extent by using high frequency ac voltage between two hollow plates kept inside the hollow...
Vikas TU one month ago
How to find magnetic declination in a practical way?? (without using any previous recorded magnetic declination values))
Magnetic declination or variation is the angle on the horizontal plane between magnetic north (the direction the north end of a compass needle points, corresponding to the direction of the...
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts