There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A particle of mass 'm' attached to an inextensible string is moving in a vertical circle of radius 'r'.The critical velocity at the highest point is 'V0' to complete the vertical circle.The tension in the string when it becomes horizontal is___________

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear sindhuja

critical velocity at the highest point is 'V0'

force balance at highes point 

or  V02 =rg

now for motion from horizontal to highes point

energy balance             1/2 mv2 =1/2 mV02    +mgr

v2    =3gr

force balance   T=mv2/r

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

please solve this graph based question and what is indicator diagram mean ?
The loops are closed therfore, The total work done by each loop would be zero. Hence it is a closed loop. The net Work Done is zero for closed loop as change in Volume is zero being volume...
2017 years ago
Given a vector A = 2i + 3j and a vector B = i + j.The component of the vector A along B is(a) 1/(2)½ (i + j) (b) 3/(2)½ (i + j)(c) 5/(2)½ (i + j)(d) 7/(2)½ (i + j)
The component of the vector A along B geometrically is: Bcos(theta) = (A.B/|B|).(Bcap) = 5/(2)½ (i + j) option is correct.
2017 years ago
a body is moving with a velocity of 20m/s and another small object at rest undergo an elastic collision . The latter move with a velocity of
Hi Sankalp, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
2017 years ago
manufacture of hydrogen bombs involves the principle of
Principle: Stages have been defined for the working at each stage a step. sections are: primary that consists of fission of bomb. secondary → fusion fuel. Both primary and secondary are...
2017 years ago
If a simple pendulum of lenght l has max angular dispacement ∂ , then the maximum kinetic energy of the bob of mass m is ?
Max KE will be at mean position which is transferred from max PE at extreme position. You can reprent it in the function of angular displacement.
Saurabh Kumar 3 months ago
Venkatanarasimhan B 3 months ago
Find the current in the circuit!
Here identify the 5 main nodes and apply nodal analysis that means kcl there. Let it be v1 v2 v3 v4 and v5 volts respectively.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts