There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A gun mounted on the top of a moving truck is aimed in the backward direction at an angle of 30 degrees to the vertical.If the muscle velocity of gun is 4m/s, the value of speed of truck that will make the bullet come out vertically is

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

firstly, you should concentrate on terms '' muzzle velocity'' and ''aimed in''.Muzzle velocity means velocity WITH RESPECT TO the gun and aimed in means angle made by bullet as seen from truck...

to find velocity of truck that will make bullet come out vertically(as seen from ground frame ), velocity of truck must be equal to horizontal component of velocity of bullet wrt truck i.e 4cos(90-30)=2 m/s......

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A recording disc rotates steadily at 45 revolutions/min on a table. When a small mass 0.02 kg is dropped gently on the disc at a distance of 0.04 m from its axis and stucks to the disc, the...
From angular momentum conservation, I1 w1 = I2 w2 we get, (I)*45 = [(I) + 0.02*0.04*0.04]*36 Solving for I we get, 45I – 36I = 1.152 x 10^-3 I = 1.28 x 10^-3where I is the moment of inertia ...
2017 years ago
Hi Gaurang, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
5 days ago
an object of maas m1 moving with speed V collide with anorther object of mass m2 at rest stick to it. find the impulse imparted to second object?
Let v1 be the combined velocity of both the bodies after collision. Momentum of the system before collision=m1v momentum of the system after collision =(m1+m2)v1 As the total momentum is...
Piyush Behera 12 days ago
From the momentum Conservation, m1v + 0 = (m1+m2)v’ v’ = m1v/(m1+m2) m/s. J = change in momentum ( for second object.) that is = > Pf – Pi => (m2)v’ - m2*0 => m1*m2*v/(m1+m2) N-m.
Vikas TU 12 days ago
A taxi leaves the station X for station y every 10 minutes .simultaneously , a taxi leaves the station Y also for station X for every 10 minutes. the taxi moves at the same constant speed...
and 25 if u are considering the taxis that our taxi meet on the station X and Y thanks plz approve if u found this helpful
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
Hi I don’t know that we have to consider the taxi that our taxi will meet on the end points of its journey(that is station X amd Y). so here i am taking that we don’t have to consider those ...
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
what is the mutual conductance........please expain it?
Dear Sreenivas, Mutual conductance is the magnetic flux is created in one coil influenced by the another coil present in magnetic field.
SAI SARDAR 8 months ago
The phenomenone in which an emf is induced in the secondary coil due to the change of magnetic flux in the primary coil
Prabhakar ch 8 months ago
Two particles are released from the same height at an interval of 1s. How long after the first particle beings to fall will the two particles be 10 m apart?
For Particle A (say) it must have travelled some distance in 1 sec after the second particle has been released. at 1 sec, finalveloccity v = 0 + g*1 = 10 m./s For particle B, after 1 s when ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
what is the super principle law?
quetion is wrong
AJITH one year ago
It might be priñciple of super position when two or more harmonic waves super impose on each other the resultant wave will be the algebraic sum of those waves
Bharath 11 months ago
You might be mistaken while typing it might
Bharath 11 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off