There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

since all the planets have different orbits around the sun,then howits possible,sun is a common foci for all the orbits?according to kepler's law of gravitation?please explain

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear praveen

Basic equation of ellipse is

It is locus of point soch tha its distance from two fixed point is always constant

PS1 +PS2 =constant

is suppose S1 and S2 (focie of ellipse is fixed) then for different value of constant you will ge different elipse.

similarly for different orbits we will get different constant but focie will remain fixed

see this figure

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

an object of maas m1 moving with speed V collide with anorther object of mass m2 at rest stick to it. find the impulse imparted to second object?
Let v1 be the combined velocity of both the bodies after collision. Momentum of the system before collision=m1v momentum of the system after collision =(m1+m2)v1 As the total momentum is...
Piyush Behera 7 days ago
From the momentum Conservation, m1v + 0 = (m1+m2)v’ v’ = m1v/(m1+m2) m/s. J = change in momentum ( for second object.) that is = > Pf – Pi => (m2)v’ - m2*0 => m1*m2*v/(m1+m2) N-m.
Vikas TU 7 days ago
A recording disc rotates steadily at 45 revolutions/min on a table. When a small mass 0.02 kg is dropped gently on the disc at a distance of 0.04 m from its axis and stucks to the disc, the...
From angular momentum conservation, I1 w1 = I2 w2 we get, (I)*45 = [(I) + 0.02*0.04*0.04]*36 Solving for I we get, 45I – 36I = 1.152 x 10^-3 I = 1.28 x 10^-3where I is the moment of inertia ...
2017 years ago
Hi Gaurang, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
9 hours ago
A very broad elevator is going vertically up with constant acceleration of 2 m/s2 . At instant when its velocity is 4 m/sa ball is projected from the floor of the lift with a speed of 4 m/s ...
Net acceleration = g + a = > 12 m/s^2 Time of flight = 2usintheta /12 = > 2*4/sin30/12 = 1/3 seconds.
Vikas TU 7 days ago
what is hall effect?give some applications of halleffect?explain with example.
The Hall Effect is the production of Voltage Difference across an electric conductor transverse(diagnally) to the electric current in the conductor and a magnetic field perendicular to the...
Kishorkumar 6 months ago
Which colour gets relatively more dispersed? (Ray optics)
SAIMANIKANTA one year ago
Geometrical optics , or ray optics , describes light propagation in terms of rays . The ray in geometrical optics is an abstraction or instrument is useful in approximating the paths along...
KING 4 months ago
VIOLET is the colour gets relatively dispersed and it is a part in optics . Geometrical optics , or ray optics , describes light propagation in terms of rays . The ray in geometric optics...
SAI SANDY 10 months ago
sir, what is the third state of matter? is it plasma state? what is plasma state? pl. give a example.
@ ajay there are actually 5 states of matter . they are 1- solids 2- liquids 3- gases 4- plasma 5 – bose einstain condensate state . so, u can catagorise any one of them into 3 rd position...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts