There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A car travelling at 60km/h over takes another car travelling at 42km/h.Assuming each car to be 5 m long,find the time taken during the overtake and the total road distance used for the overtake

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

dear pallavi

let t time is taken for overtake,and x is the total distance to overtake.

distance travelled by blue car in t sex is (x-5)m

distance travelled by red car in t sex is (x+5)m

t=(x-5)*1000/42 =(x+5)*1000/60........(1)

or (x-5)/42=(x+5)/60

calculate x from here. this is the required distance.

and put this value in eq (1) and calculate t .

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best pallavi.
Askiitians Experts

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

What is integral ds/dt????????????????????????????????????!!?
the velocity is very nearly equal to the distance s divided by the time t--i.e., s/t. The exact velocity v would be the limit of s/t as t gets closer and closer to zero or, as we say,...
James Joseph 4 days ago
In x-y plane the position coordinates of a particle as a function of time t a is given as x=3t-4t^2 and y=4t+2t^2. The inetial velocity of particle makes an angle with x axis ?
We know that So and So we know initial velocity velocity in x direction = 3 velocity in y direction = 4 We know So
Manas Shukla 4 days ago
A disc of radius R , mass M lies on smooth horizontal surface. Two persons of equal mass m standing on diametrically opposite points. Both persons start moving in same sense, then find...
In same sense as it has been mentioned in the qstn. assuming both v speed as clockwise (let), the disc to be assumed as a rectangular piece of length 2*pi*R and width R (ct from the first...
Vikas TU 4 days ago
What is the actual range of conductivity of insulators???
The actual range of conductivity of insulators is 10 -11 – 10 -19 Sm -1 . Hope you understand my answer . ALL THE BEST..
Adarsh 2 months ago
How much will be the internal energy change in i) isothermal process ii) adiabatic process?
i) Isothermal process: As temperature is constant, internal energy does not change. ii) Adiabatic process: During adiabatic expansion internal energy decreases and adiabatic compression...
vamshi one year ago
in an isothermal process internal energy does not change because there is a temperature is an adiabatic process internal energy is changes because there is no exchange of heat...
SAI SARDAR one year ago
Can you explain to me the concept behind a spherical conductor inside a
@ raveesh Your question is incomplete , kindly repost the question again , what u want to know about the spherical conducter ?? waiting to hear from you again . ALL THE BEST ..
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts