• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

What is moment of Inertia?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Moment of Inertia

Moment of inertia is the name given to rotational inertia, the rotational analog of mass for linear motion. It appears in the relationships for the dynamics of rotational motion. The moment of inertia must be specified with respect to a chosen axis of rotation. For a point mass the moment of inertia is just the mass times the square of perpendicular distance to the rotation axis, I = mr2. That point mass relationship becomes the basis for all other moments of inertia since any object can be built up from a collection of point masses.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a rectangular plate abcd of mass m and dimensions a x b is supported in a vertical plane by two hinges at aa and b as shown in fig. find instantaneous reaction of the hinge at a immediately ...
plz send the image . then i will better understand & then i will try to help u. i am waiting for figure given in the question. if u dont know how to attach or send figure then ask me.
prateek 3 days ago
What is integral ds/dt????????????????????????????????????!!?
the velocity is very nearly equal to the distance s divided by the time t--i.e., s/t. The exact velocity v would be the limit of s/t as t gets closer and closer to zero or, as we say,...
James Joseph 4 days ago
a body is projected vertically up with a velocity 60m/s, the % of its initial ke converted into pe after 3 seconds?
at 3 seconds , h = 60*3 – 0.5g*9 = > 135 meter. P.E. = mgh = >1350m K.E = 0.5m*3600 = > 1800m % = 1350m/1800m * 100 => 75%
Vikas TU 2 days ago
A ball is dropped from height h . How much time taken by the ball to reach the ground (take g as acceleration due to gravity) ?
intial U =0 we know that h=ut+1/2 at 2 h=½ gt 2 t=root of (2h/g) time taken ball reach the ground is t=root of (2h/g) THANK YOU
Initial velocity,u=0by using newton`s third equation of motion h=ut+(1/2gt^2),we get-h=1/2gt^22h=gt^2t=square root (2h/g)
Arjun Kumar 5 days ago
using the concept of force between two infintely long parallel current carrying semiconductor,define one ampere of current?
One ampere is that much current which when flowing througheach of the two parallel uniform long linear conductors placed in a free space at a distance of one metre from each other will...
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
Can thevenin theorem be used in LR and LCR circuits?
Yes thevenin’s theorm is a general way to simplify all kinds of impedence circuits, so you can use them to analyse the behaviour of LR and LCR circuits as well
Riddhish Bhalodia 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts