There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Draw a position time graph and velocity time graph of a tennis ball thrown vertically upwards from the time it leaves your hand until you catch it again?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

1. Displacement-time graphs.
Any point on such a graph has coordinates (t,s), in which s is the displacement after a time t.
Figure 1 shows the displacement-time graph for a tennis ball which is thrown vertically up in the air from a player’s hand and then falls to the ground.

The graph illustrates the motion of the ball.Taking the origin to be the starting point, the ball moves upwards (in the positive direction) to a maximum height above the origin. It stops momentarily and then drops to the hand.Consequently, the velocity of the ball changes from positive (on the way up) to 0 at the top and then to negative (on the way down)

The gradient of a displacement-time graph is velocity

2. Velocity-time graphs.
Any point on such a graph will have coordinates (t,v), in which v is the velocity after a time t.

Figure 2 shows the velocity-time graph for the motion of the tennis ball

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

sir what is the simplest way to solve laws of motion
@ akshay there are many problemswhich are associated with laws of motion chapter . like pulley poroblem , relative velocity proble , etc … so, which problem u want to explain me as a...
Umakant biswal one month ago
SSorry, but your question is something bewildered. Did U mean by laws of eqn.? if that is then u must knoq that the three newton's laws of eqns. are used to solve the problems related to...
Vikas TU one month ago
Sir,The final velocity of a particle falling freely under gravity is given by V^2-u^2=2gx where x is the distance covered. If V=18kmph g=1000cms^-2 x=120cm the u = ms^-1
Just put all the values simply to get the value of u. Therefore, V^2 – u^2 = 2*g*x (18 * 1000 * 100/60*60)^2 = u^2 + 2*1000*120 u^2 = 250000 – 240000 u^2 = 10,000 u = 100 cm/s
Vikas TU 6 days ago
What is integral ds/dt????????????????????????????????????!!?
the velocity is very nearly equal to the distance s divided by the time t--i.e., s/t. The exact velocity v would be the limit of s/t as t gets closer and closer to zero or, as we say,...
James Joseph 6 days ago
i am not understanding physics concepts so i want to take care about physics so u plzz sugguest mee
“This post has been due since long, as many students and parents have been requesting me to say something about the general ‘study’ strategy for building one’s career...
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
@ srinu I agree with your point that physics is a scaring subject , but if you will give good approach , absolutely u can be the best .. What u ahve to do is the following 1- FOLLOW...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
Electrostatic field lines do not form closed loops. Give reason. [ 1 mark question ]
A force is said to be conservative if its work along a trajectory to go from a point Ato a point B is equal to the difference U(A)−U(B) where U is a function called potential energy....
Riddhish Bhalodia 8 months ago
What is the the angle between vector( Vector P & Q )
Sourabh Singh 23 days ago
the angle between the two vectors is 150 degrees. ,.............................................................
Y MANJUNADH 23 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts