Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off
USE CODE: MOB20

sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A baloon starts from the surface of eart.the ascent rate is constant and equal to v o .due to the wind the balloon gathers the horizontal velocity component v x =ay. where a is aconstant...

body is thrown from the surface of the Earth at an angle α to the horizontal with the initial velocity v 0 . Assuming the air drag to be negligible, find: (a) the time of motion; (b) the...

ADITI SINGH 7 days ago
The resultant of two vectors P and Q is perpendicular to P and it`s magnitude is half that of Q.what is the angle between P and Q?

the angle between the vectors p and q is 45degrees.the angle between p and the resultantt is 90 degrees.

bharath 20 days ago
A hiker stands on the edge of a cliff 490 metre above the ground and throws the stone horizontally with an initial speed of 15 metre per second.The speed with which it hits the ground is...?

in horizontal direcn. net accln. = 0 for horzntl. dircn. therfore, Vx = u + 0 = 15 m/s …....................(1) For vertical direcn., 490 = 0 + 0.5gt^2 calculate t from here, then from...

Vikas TU yesterday
what is the difference between velocity and angular velocity give me formulas ?

Linear Velocity Linear velocity is defined as the rate of change of displacement between an object and a fixed point. Angular Velocity Angular velocity is an event discussed in the angular...
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago

velocity is the rate of change of displacement i.e. v=ds/dt as angular velocity is rate to change of angular displacement omega= d theta/dt

rishabh 3 months ago

velocity is rate if change of displacement.angular velocity is rate of change of angular displacement.thank you.

NARAYANA 3 months ago
what is the transformer? and how it is works? pls give any one infotmation

a transformer is a device that is used to increase or decrease voltage. it consists of 2 coils primary and secondary and is based on the principle of mutual induction. when the secondary...

ayushi 5 months ago

transformer is a device that is used to increase or decrease voltage. it consists of 2 coils primary and secondary and is based on the principle of mutual induction. when the secondary coil ...

RIYAZSHAIK 3 months ago

Dear Durgaram, Transformer is a device which is increase or decrease the voltage.There are two types of transformers.They are Step-up Transformers Step-down transformers. Thank you.

SAI SARDAR 5 months ago
Can you explain to me the concept behind a spherical conductor inside a

@ raveesh Your question is incomplete , kindly repost the question again , what u want to know about the spherical conducter ?? waiting to hear from you again . ALL THE BEST ..

Umakant biswal 6 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off