Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off
USE CODE: CART20

sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

How to determine initial velocity from a-t graph??

Area of a-t gives change in velocity Velocity final – Velocity initial = Area

Carmel Emmanuel 9 months ago
What to do after finding the magnitude of p? Q.24

Sorry i typed the entire answer i don’t know why it didn’t get posted. We know that F t = p where F t = impulse. Px and Py are given, now you know the relation between P and F, So on...

Neeti 10 months ago

see, we know that F.dt = dp where F.dt = impulse.

Neeti 10 months ago

Yes correct. How to solve?

Riddhi Roy 10 months ago
Why in the equation of normal force of bigger block tension of string is included

Can you be a little more specific? the language of your question is not clear. Try posting the question you have a doubt in, or maybe frame your doubt differently?

Neeti 10 months ago

Sorrry i am not able to discuss it .because you post the question is not understandable

OUTPASS 8 months ago
what is termal energy

Thermal energy is the energy that comes from heat. This heat is generated by the movement of tiny particles within an object.These particles move the faster, the more heat is generated.

PRAPULPODISHETTI 9 months ago

Heat ( Thermal energy ) Matter is made up of particles or molecules. These molecules move (or vibrate) constantly. A rise in the temperature of matter makes the particles vibrate faster.

KUNCHAM SAMPATH 9 months ago

Thermal energy is the energy that comes from heat. This heat energy is generated by the movement of tiny particles within an object.

Aditya Raj 9 months ago
what is right hand thumb rule and tells about their uses?

According to left hand thumb rule if we place a current carrying conductor in our right hand such that the thumb points towards the current then the curl of the finger gives direction of...

Arun 5 months ago

Ampère's right hand screw rule (also called right - hand grip rule , coffee-mug rule ... The thumb points direction of current and fingers point direction of magnetic

Prabhakar ch 3 months ago

Salvath, According to right hand thumb rule we consider as put thumb in current direction and curl fingers then we get magnetis field as the tangent of fingers.

SAI SARDAR 5 months ago
WHAT IS COULOMB’S LAW ? WHAT IS THE EQUATION OF IT ?

Coulomb's law , or Coulomb's inverse-square law , is a law of physics describing the electrostatic interaction between electrically charged particles. The law was first published in 1785 by ...

SAI SARDAR 8 months ago

Coulomb’s law:the magnitude of electric force that particle exerts on the another particle is directly propertional to the product of their charges to square of the distance between them is ...

BOLLU SRINIVAS 8 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off