ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
An electron moving along the x axis has a position given by x=16te -t m, where t is in seconds . How far is the electron from the origin when it momentarily stops ?

Dear student, We can find the velocity of the electron being given by: If the electron momentarily stops, then Since isnt possible, so we have t=1. Thus, the distance from the origin would...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 11 months ago

thank u . It didn’t strike me to differentiate .

Pushkala Krishnan 11 months ago
Figure 9-54 shows the massive shield door at a neutron test facility at Lawrence Livermore Laboratory; this is the world's heaviest hinged door. The door has a mass of 44,000 kg, a...

img
Aditi Chauhan one month ago

Sir how you get ω = dθ/dt = 90 0 (2 π/180 0 )/30s as dθ = 90 0 = π/2

Adarsh one month ago
if R and Hare the horizontal range and maximum hieght attained by a projectile, then its speed for projection is?

Dear student, The Range and vertical height would be given by the relation: Hence, Using this, we can find the speed of projection. Regards
  img
Sumit Majumdar 9 months ago

sir but the answer given in the key is under root 2gH +R 2 g/8H sir please explain in detail?

shrilekha sharma 9 months ago
pl. explain me Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction

Based on his studies on the phenomenon of electromagnetic induction, Faraday proposed the following two laws. First law Whenever the amount of magnetic flux linked with a closed circuit...

Gman Namg 11 days ago

whenever the magnetic flux linked with an eletric circuit changes,an emf is induced in circuit. The induced emf exists as long as change in magnetic flux continues the induced emf produced...

noogler 12 days ago

Faraday's law of induction deals with one of the important concepts of electricity. It looks at the way changing magnetic fields can cause current to flow in wires. Basically, it is a...

rahul 11 days ago
this is a que of the previous year examination. Sir/ Madam i need to get the solution step by step ….as soosn as posiibl e....

Hi, Lets assume that the objects collide after t time at x distance from origin point of projectile. Write the equation of motion for projectile ( bothe horizontal and vertical direction )...
  img
Yash Baheti 9 months ago
what is maxwell`s amperes law?

Ampère's law relates magnetic fields to electric currents that produce them. Ampère's law determines the magnetic field associated with a given current, or the current associated with a...

shubham sharda 2 months ago

you mean ampere maxwell law?

Neeraja Outdare 2 months ago
View all Questions »