sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
​Q. A MAN IS ‘L’=9 m BEHIND THE DOOR OF A TRAIN WHEN IT STARTS MOVING WITH ACCELERATION a=2m/s 2 . THE MAN RUNS AT FULL SPEED. HOW FAR DOES HE HAVE TO RUN AND AFTER WHAT TIME HE GET INTO THE...

Dear Student There is a huge conceptual error with the author of the question who thinks that the train can be boarded only when the speed of the body say v equals the speed of train, but...

shashi K Sharma one month ago

thus full speed v = at or v = 6m/s

shashi K Sharma one month ago

thanks sir

bharat makkar one month ago
Can you have zero velocity and nonzero average acceleration? zero velocity and nonzero acceleration? please give example.

Yes it is possible. A ball thrown in air is a perfect example.accleration of ball is always g but at the highest point velocity is zero. Also a car starting from rest has zero velocity but...

Ashwin 2 months ago
If a planet of given density were made larger its force of attraction for an object on its surface would increase because of planet's greater mass but would decrease beacuse of larger...

Incrase in the radius would be sure as well as Increase in mass. Hence option ‘c’ is correct. Good Luck.......................................................
  img
Saurabh Kumar 19 days ago

Hiiii I am from tutorsduniya.com .We connect students with teachers on facebook,whats app,etc.You can clear your concepts from teachers .You can ask them anything , you like to, be frank...

vikash khandelwal 19 days ago
what is a electromagnatic induction

Electromagnetic induction is the production of an electromotive force across a conductor when it is exposed to a varying magnetic field. Michael Faraday is given credit for the discovery of...
  img
Harsh Patodia 28 days ago
What’s Power in Wave?

Hello Student, Where symbols have usual meanings. Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago
In my physics book there are formulas, they are written in both ways directly or in vector form. For eg. v=rw (w=omega) and in vector form v = w x r So how will i know the order of writing...

Dear student, Angular velocity is related as: This is found by rotating the radial vector along the translation velocity. Hence follows the right hand thumb rule for finding the direction of...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago

in a vactor product there is no same answer of any cross product beacouse it shows directions also like a cross b is not equal to b cross a

deepanshu bhatt 2 months ago

in a vactor product there is no same answer of any cross product beacouse it shows directions also like a cross b is not equal to b cross a

deepanshu bhatt 2 months ago
View all Questions »