ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A body of mass m is accelerated uniformly from rest to a speed v in a time t.The instantaneous power deliverd to body as a function of time , is given by

Dear student, We can find the acceleration produced by the mass as given by: Hence, the instantaneous value of power would be given by: Regards Sumit
  img
Sumit Majumdar 9 months ago
Dear Sir, I am trying to answer the question from kaustubh Nayyar, but unable to paste an image related to the answer. I keep getting this message “There is some problem while doing the...

If you are facing this issue then logout and then again login. After this try to post the answer. It will work this time around....
  img
Aziz Alam 5 months ago

Thank you very much sir.

Mallikarjun Maram 5 months ago
In a particular double-star system, two star of mass 3.22 x 10 30 kg each revolve about their common center of mass, 1.12 x 10 11 m away. (a) calculate their common period of revolution, in...

(a) To obtain the rotational period of the stars, substitute 1.12 × 10 11 m for r, 6.67 × 10 -11 N-m 2 / kg 2 for G and 3.22 ×10 30 kg for m in the above equation. (b) To...
  img
Jitender Pal 6 days ago
Question attached.. [ALTS-6 Q47]

No, a bar magnet can not exert torue due to its own field. Magnetic field is generated due to two poles. Good...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago
Power dissipated in an LCR series circuit connected to an ac source of emf is E 2 R/[R 2 +(Lw-1/Cw) 2 ] … please prove

Power dissipated in an AC circuit cannot be calculated through this relation P=I t E t Because of the fact that this is not the current nor the emf for 1 second. Both current and emf changes...
  img
Aziz Alam 7 months ago
How a particle is placed in a cyclotron?

The Particles are from a source. The source could be a tank of helium or hydrogen gas or whatever you need source could also be a solid that is heated , I believe so that you will have...

Ashwin 8 months ago
View all Questions »