DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

what happened to a body when longutiunal stress and shearing stress both are appled in same time ?

Longitudinal stress will cause change in ‘length’ of the body while shearing stress will cause change in ‘shape’ of the body hence both will occur simultaneously.

Neeti one month ago
2 masses m and m/2 are joined together by means of a light inextensible string,passing over a frictionless pulley.when the bigger mass is released,the small one will ascend with an...

m 1 =m/2 m 2 =m a=g/n a=[(m 2 -m 1 )/(m 2 +m 1 )]g g/n=[(m-m/2)/(m+m/2)]g on solving, 1/n=1/3 n=3 if u have any doubt ask in ans box. approve if helpful. this is a shortcut, if the ans...

Archita one month ago
What happens in case of grazing incidence if angle of prism is smaller than critical angle?

if critical angle is higher then the angle of prism then it will affect the grazing incidence and will not allow the total internal reflection and there will be deviation in grazing...
  img
Ashutosh Sharma one month ago
ans with full soln

Hello Ananya, Please type the question completely and not in the form of image else it will not be useful for those students who will be searching question of this type on google. However,...

Forum Team one month ago

Dear Neeti, We did not deduct your points deliberately. It is the system that removes all multiple approvals to one user in one question automatically every day. Thats why we discourage...

Forum Team one month ago

Respected Forum Team, I think there’s something wrong with your system because i’ve been clearing doubts of not just this particular student but of most students who posted the questions on ...

Neeti one month ago
Electromagnetic theory elaborate

generally the history or the theroy of electromagnetism begins with ancient measures to deal with atmospheric electricity, in particular lightning. People then had little understanding of...

rahul 2 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details