sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
please explain

Since area under (a-t) graph gives change in velocity, so speed will be maximum at the instant t 4.

Manabendra Nath Gaine 4 months ago

t 4 sec.

Manabendra Nath Gaine 4 months ago

t 1 sec

Ishita Das 4 months ago
Please explain these FBD briefly

Hi, FBD involve representation of the forces on the body or by the body. In each diagram, we have applied Newton’s second law and found out the acceleration of body by calculating the...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 3 months ago

Sir I know what is FBD , I attached a photo of some problem please see attachment

Anant Jain 2 months ago
a car negotiates a banked circular road of radius 50m at a speed of 72km/hr calculate the angle of banking so that the car can safely take a trun at the above speed.

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } Assuming that we are not taking help of friction for negotiating circular path, the angle of banking for safe turning is given by the equation...

Mallikarjun Maram 2 months ago

sin(theta) = 4/5 or theta = 53 degrees.

Yashit Garg 2 months ago
What Is wave optics

Dear student, Some properties of light can be explained only by treating it as a wave, while others can be explained only by treating it as a particle. The phenomena that can only be...
  img
Sumit Majumdar one year ago

In physics, physical optics, or wave optics, is the branch of optics which studies interference, diffraction, polarization, and other phenomena for which the ray approximation of geometric...

Vinay Gopal one year ago

it''s about wave discription

sridhar yelkur one year ago
why do like charges repel?

Hi, Two similar charges are stable when they are far away, but when they are brought closer, they become unstable due to increase in potential energy (+ve) But when two unlike charges are...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 3 months ago
Question is attached in the pic.. {All P-4 Ch-16 pg-55 Q51}

3 : 4. Google for Malus law.

Manas Bondale one month ago
View all Questions »