sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir i have a doubt on center of mass we know that if a boat is in still water and a man on boat is moving forward boat moves back so that position of center of mass of system remains the...

Hello Student, Thanks for your post. If we take an observer inside this (man+boat) system, the centre of mass will not remain same in this situation. Consider the following figure,...
  img
Shobhit Varshney one month ago
A body of mass ‘m’ is joined to a very heavy body by a light string passing over a light pulley.Both bodies are free to move.Total downward force on the pulley? Ans.4mg

Dear student, Please tell us the mass of the heavy body else we cannot find the net downward force on the pulley. The reason we need the mass of the heavier body as well because the net...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago

The question is correct and involves limit taking,Let the masses be m1 and m2,, (m1 Just do remember the tension in either of the string connecting the masses is 2(m1)(m2)g/(m1+m2) divide...

shashi K Sharma 2 months ago

Yes,but the answer given was 4mg....I doubt the answer because ‘m’ is the small mass and how the tension can be in small mass terms when it is given that the other body is a very heavy mass?

Visisht 2 months ago
why and when does spherical wavefront behave as plane wavefront?

Here every wavelet acts as a source of a secondary wavelet but at infinite distance it becomes planer because of disance btw source and wavelet becomes more.

srinu kummari one year ago
i 2 rms R = e 2 rms R/Z 2 ….….….please prove...

Z is the total impedance of the circuit that is the effective resistance of the circuit due to capacitor , inductor & resistor. I rms =E rms /Z that is the meaning of it opr to put it in...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
View all Questions »