Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off
USE CODE: MOB20

sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

What is the condition for pure translation and pure rotation of a body

The condition for pure translation:net torque about com shall be zero Pure rotational: net forces and hence center of mass shall have zero accelaration

Himanshu 5 months ago
A particle is moving along x axis with acceleration a=b(1-t/T) where b and T are constants. The particle at t=0 has zero velocity. Calculate the average velocity between t=0 and the instant...

img
Ankit 28 days ago

b(1-t/T) dt a=b(1-t/T)dv/dt = b(1 – t/T)dv = Integerating both sides, v = bt – bt^2/2T {limit from v → 0 and from t → 0} we get, v – 0 = bt – bt^2/2T – 0 – 0 v = bt – bt^2/2T at t=0 Now when...

vikas yadav 28 days ago
1 Find thevalues of m for which x^2+3xy+x+my-m has two linear factors in x and y with integer coefficients 2 The length of the sides of a triangle are integrals and it's area is also...

For Q2: If we consider x to be the shortest side, then other sides will be27-x, 21 Now,x+21 > 27-x or x > 3. (Sum of any two sides is greater then the third side) And x < 27 - x or...
  img
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago

Dear Student, For Q1. From the given two degree equation, we can write that: x 2 + 3xy + x +my -m = (ax+by+c)(dx+e) Now multiply the two factors on RHS and equate the coefficient on both the...
  img
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off
USE CODE: MOB20

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off