ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
At what point or points in its path does a projectile have its minimum speed? Its maximum?

In projectile motion, the horizontal component of velocity always remains the same and will contribute to the net velocity of the object in motion. The presence of vertical component will...
  img
Deepak Patra 9 days ago

Minimum at the highest point maximum you can find out using the resolution.

Shiv Kumar one month ago

Minimum at the highest point maximum you can find out using the resolution.

Shiv Kumar one month ago
In baseball, a base runner can usually get to a base quicker by running than by sliding. Explain why this is so. Why slide then?

A base runner can get quicker to the base by running than by sliding because every time the runner’s foot comes in contact with the ground, he loses some portion of his momentum. And...
  img
Deepak Patra one month ago
A cord is wrapped around the flywheel of radius 0.5m. if a mass of 50N hangs from the cord, compute the angular acceleration.

Calculate the torque due to applied force, which would be equal to the torque of rotation (Ia). You just consider the flywheel as disc and put the value of moment of inertia. Good...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago

Sir I have seen the hint they are saying to calculate tension.Why that so sir ??

Arjun Bakshi 6 months ago
View all Questions »