sir....please tell me how to solve problems to find coefficent of restitution ...when a body collides with a group of bodies(eg.  blocks placed) ...

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

First and foremost determine the direction in which collision is taking place. Along that direction apply the restituion concept and conservation of momentum. Remember that perpendicular to that direction there is no impulse and hence no change in velocity. In case of two spheres colliding obliquely with one of them at rest remember that the one at rest will move only along the direction of collision. I would strongly recommend against the use of any formula as there are too many subcases involved.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
​Q. A BODY IS MOVING IN A CIRCLE AT A UNIFORM VELOCITY v. THE MAGNITUDE OF CHANGE IN VELOCITY WHEN THE RADIUS VECTOR DESCRIBES AN ANGLE OF 60 0 IS- 4v v/2 v (3) 1/2 v/2

The velocity vector is perpendicular to radius vector,LET v1 and v2 be the velocity vector(s) at the instant 1 and 2 respectively between which the angle described is 60degree thus the angle...

shashi K Sharma 3 months ago

but how? please give reason

bharat makkar 3 months ago

v

Manabendra Nath Gaine 4 months ago
a heavy uniform straight rod is suspended from apont by two strings of the same length as the rod attached to its ends.if one string is cut prove that the initial angular acceleration of the...

Dear student, Find out the tension in the string and draw the FBD of the rod and the string just after the string is cut. Find out the unbalanced forces and find the accelerations, Good luck...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 3 months ago

sir i tried to do it as mentioned by you before posting this question on this forum but still could not succeed by equation mg-t=ma and mgl/2=ml2/3alpha and a=l/2alpha with this t=mg/4 and...

arun gupta 3 months ago
View all Questions »