There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A long cylindrical glass vessel has a small hole of radius r at bottom The depth to whioch the vessel can be lowered vertically in the deep water bath without any water entering inside it

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Water can not penetrate till the hydrostatic pressure is greater than the excess of pressure that comes into play due to surface tension. at the limiting condition when water just about to penetrates, these two pressure should be equal. That is

hρg = 2T/r

h = depth up to which cylinder is immersed.

ρ = density of water

T = surface tension of water

Hence h = 2T/(ρgr)

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a body is projected with a velocity 60 ms at 30 degrees to horizontal.its initial velocity vector is
on resolving the vector into its x axis and y axis.60cos30 i+60sin30 j.solve it now.u wil get required answer
sunny 3 months ago
u=ucos theta +u sin theta u=60[cos30]+60[sin30] u=30 root 3i+30j this is the correct process for the answer
Sathvik Jaisheel 17 days ago
a body is projected vertically up with a velocity 60m/s, the % of its initial ke converted into pe after 3 seconds?
at 3 seconds , h = 60*3 – 0.5g*9 = > 135 meter. P.E. = mgh = >1350m K.E = 0.5m*3600 = > 1800m % = 1350m/1800m * 100 => 75%
Vikas TU 5 days ago
A body is projected at an angle of 60° with the horizontal ground with kinetic energy k. When the velocity makes an angle 30° wIth the horizontal, the kinetic energy of the body will be...
H=u 2 sin 2 x/2g u 2 =H * 2g/sin 2 x BUT, KINETIC ENERGY ∝ u 2 ∝ 1/ sin 2 x Solve you will get. Hope this helps. Best of luck.
Bejoi Mathew 2 months ago
Bejoi Mathew 2 months ago
Three identical thin rods each of length L and mass M are joined together to form a letter H. The moment of inertia of the system about one of the outher sides of H is :-
Divide The Three rods Of H as: H =I 1 + -- 2 + I 3 . We Assume That The Moment Of Inertia Is About I 1 , Now, The Moment Of Inertia Of I 1 =0 By Applying Theorem Of Perpendicular Axes , The ...
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
does electric force act on a moving charge
Yes electric force acts on both moving charges and charges on rest.
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
KARTHIK one year ago
when and where? magnet was discovered ?? ,by whom???
It was discovered by MAGNES a shepherd about 4000 years ago. It was discoverd from mineral called magnetite .PLZ APROVE
Nikhil Upadhyay 7 months ago
hello, magnet was discovered by magnes about 3500 years ago.that was discovered from mineral called magnetite.
raj 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts