There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Can mass be defined as quantity of matter contained in the body?If not give reason.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Mass can be defined as quantity of matter contained in the body.But then what is this "quantity of matter" anyway?!!!

So in the sense of classical physics mass is simply the measure of inertia which resist change in its state of rest or having uniform velocity upon applying force.

Special theory of relativity incorporates mass-energy as being one entity & rest mass term is used for the (classical sense) mass.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Please get my these two questions solved. If a graph of acceleration versus position is given, then how to find the equation of position with respect to time
U dont need to draw any graph for those two questions. We can see the maximum height of the object is at 3.5 secs. Now we can see from given graph that we need to find h = h1 – h2 h1 =...
Manas Shukla 9 days ago
For second question Displacement will be = Thus X = = 22.36 km Let me know if u need any further help.
Manas Shukla 9 days ago
the moment of inertia of a solid flywheel of radius 0.1m about its axis is 0.1kgm2. a tangential force of 2 kg wt is applied through the circumference of flywheel with the help of string and...
ANS: 2m/s 2 equate the torque I alpha = force * r (r = radius of wheel) 0.1*a/r = 2*10* r ( a = accelaration) therefore a=2m/s 2 ( r = 0.1m)
2017 years ago
In H.C.Verma physics-1 book they mentioned that “resultant force perpendicular to the velocity has no effect on speed , hence kinetic energy is not changed” , how ?
Yes, beacuse when resultant force is perpendicular to the velocity then, the Power that is: dot product of force and velocity would be zero. as the angle is 90 degree. Hence with zero Power ...
2017 years ago
which lens are used for miophic eye?
pa1 one year ago
concave lens
SEELA YUVARAJU one year ago
concave lens
santosh kumar one year ago
tell me why Magnetic lines form continuous closed loops
Magnetic monopoles do not exist in nature. Hence the fields lines always begin from one end (pole) have to end at the other (pole).
KALYAN 10 months ago
Archimedes say"give me a place to stand and I Wii move the earth" Meaning of this statement.
Actually archimedes understood the concept of leverage he very well know that by increasing the distance between fulcrum and point where we apply force any load can be easily lift off so by ...
Tushar one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts