There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

QNS: how to solve more than two pulley problems and how to find accelaration of system contains pulley+wedge

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

The tips to be followed are:

Draw Big and clear Free Body Diagrams.

Indicate all the forces

Calculate the net force and hence calculate the net acceleration

The following procedure is recommended when dealing with problems involving
Newton’s laws:
• Draw a simple, neat diagram of the system.
• Isolate the object whose motion is being analyzed. Draw a free-body diagram
for this object. For systems containing more than one object, draw separate
free-body diagrams for each object. Do not include in the free-body diagram
forces exerted by the object on its surroundings. Establish convenient coordinate
axes for each object and find the components of the forces along
these axes.
• Apply Newton’s second law, F = ma, in component form. Check your dimensions
to make sure that all terms have units of force.
• Solve the component equations for the unknowns. Remember that you must
have as many independent equations as you have unknowns to obtain a
complete solution.
• Make sure your results are consistent with the free-body diagram. Also check
the predictions of your solutions for extreme values of the variables. By doing
so, you can often detect errors in your results.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Sir, our coaching center does not have a good physics teacher. Attending his class is same as not attending. I am very scared for my physics. The exams are in less than a year. Please tell...
Dear student First of all try to understand basic physics in school.If possible buy pradeep’s physics though the chapters given in it are deeply explained (which is sometimes not...
Bhavya one month ago
@ DAOLAGUPU why do u think that attending the class donot have any any meaning ?? see, i donot think that the problems are with teacher , beacuse diffrent student have diffrent way of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
A spring of force constant k is cut into 2 pieces such that one piece is double the length of the other. Then the longer piece will have force constant1)2/3k 2)3/2k 3)3k 4)6k
I think the answer is 2/3 k according to Young’s Modulous. If correct please approve my answer otherwise let me know.
Mudit yesterday
In a horizontal circular motion is mg taken into consideration?
Well , in horizontal motion most of the times force mg is balanced by normal reaction. This normal reaction is mostly perpendicular to centripetal force so it doesnt play any role. But if...
Manas Shukla 6 days ago
Yes it is taken into consideration. All the forces acting on the body are taken into consideration when solving any type of problem unless stated otherwise.
Manas Shukla 9 days ago
So do you mean that mg is always taken into consideration? Both in vertical and horizontal circular motions???
Arin Som 8 days ago
if current is passed through spring then spring will ? (A)expand(B) compress(C)remain same(D)non of these Please,also mention reason behind it.
@ pranav when a current will pass through the spring the magnetic filed will produce since the current pass in same direction in all coil of spring , the magnetic field wil have same...
2017 years ago
Defination of Ampere’s law???????????????????????????????????????????????????????////
amperes law states that for any closed loop path, the sum of the length elements times the magnetic field in the direction of the length element is equal to the permeability times the...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
Hello prabhakar, Ampere’s law means The magnetic field in space around an electric current is proportional to the electric current which serves as its source, just as the electric field in...
Gowri sankar 9 months ago
Hello Prabhakar Ampere's Law . The magnetic field in space around an electric current is proportional to the electric current which serves as its source, just as the electric field in space ...
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
Explain me sign convection for mirrors,lens,and spherical surfaces in simple way...
Hi ! Sunkari, for all lenses , mirror and spherical mirror the distance on the principal axis are measure from the optical centre. The distance measure in the direction of incident rays are ...
nath 2 months ago
The sign convection always follows the graph sign. Type of lens u v f Height of the image (h I ) Height of the object (h O ) Real Virtual Real Virtual Real Virtual Convex - + - + No virtual ...
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
@ sunkari 1- all distance from principal axis are measured from optical enter . 2-the distance measure in the direction of incident ray are +ve and opp. to that are -ve 3- all distance...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts