There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

When the trolley shown in figure is given a horizontal acc a, the pendulum bob of mass m gets deflected to a max angle theta with the vertical. At the position of max deflection, show that the net acc of bob w.r.t trolley is gsin theta - a cos theta.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

when the bob is maximum deflected, the radial component of acceleration due to its own weight, tries to restore the bob to original position, so the acceleration of bob inside trolley is : g sinx

the normal component of accln , g cosx will be equal to a.sinx at max. deflection

bob: ab = ( g.sinx i - g.cosx j )

in this directions of accln. of bob, the accln of trolley alone are taken, then tha acclns are shown in figure

trolley: at = ( a.cosx i + a.sinx j )

So, net accln. of bob w.r.t troley is anet = (g.sinx - a.cosx)

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it
here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE
preparation. All the best.

IIT Kgp - 05 batch

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A disc of radius R , mass M lies on smooth horizontal surface. Two persons of equal mass m standing on diametrically opposite points. Both persons start moving in same sense, then find...
In same sense as it has been mentioned in the qstn. assuming both v speed as clockwise (let), the disc to be assumed as a rectangular piece of length 2*pi*R and width R (ct from the first...
Vikas TU 5 days ago
the moment of inertia of a solid flywheel of radius 0.1m about its axis is 0.1kgm2. a tangential force of 2 kg wt is applied through the circumference of flywheel with the help of string and...
ANS: 2m/s 2 equate the torque I alpha = force * r (r = radius of wheel) 0.1*a/r = 2*10* r ( a = accelaration) therefore a=2m/s 2 ( r = 0.1m)
2017 years ago
Question is based on cross product. it is attached.
no the question is how do we know, for example calculate torque. F=2i+3j and r=4i. so is it F cross r or r cross F and how do we decide which is correct. According to the question they used ...
Naveen Shankar one month ago
while writing in vector form you will see it has FsSin@ (where @=theta angle). so while using i vector or j vector or k vector the whole sign changes so -that is the significance of writing ...
dipika kumari Sahoo one month ago
Torque is always r x F and never F x r . If the answer in your book is given for F x r then it is wrong. The example u gave torque should be -12k
Manas Shukla one month ago
Q.1 Potential difference between A and B and B and C in steady state ? Detailed Solution Please
Since the two capacitors are in parallel and also the two capacitors are in parallel, the circuit can be simplified by taking equivalent capacitance i.e, and respectively. Now in the steady ...
Raman Mishra one month ago
pd between A and B is 25V and pd between B and C is 75V because dc current gets blocked in rc circuit when circuit reaches steady state ie capacitors are fully charged in the given circuit...
Archishman khasnovis one month ago
write definition for Amplittude?
Every wave motion is defined by its mathematical equation. Maximum displacement of the wave is called as Amplitude.
Saurabh Kumar one year ago
The maximum displacement of then system fromeits equillibrium.
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
a resistance of 60 ohm is immersed in 42kg of water.a current of 7A is passed through it.the rise in temperature of water per minute is
@ m gayathri i am giving you the proper approach to solve this question . heat transfered to water is i^2Rt = 7^2 * 60 * 60 this is equal to m s delta theta. m is mass of water specific...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts